- Whitby newbuild launched
- Breki heads for sea trials
- New Svend C calls in Faroes
- Engey delivery this week
- Skipsteknisk to design new Regina C
- 21 metre freezer netter/liner from Raudeberg yard
- Spanish fleet renewal
- Russian yards race for orders
- Stefanie ready for sea
- New longliner for Norwegian owners
- New Cleopatra for Finmark
- Newbuild trawler for Danish family
- Algerian aluminium aquaculture catamaran a first for ECOREP-Piriou
- Vyborg Shipyard builds for ATF
- Antares takes Simek back to fishing
Whitby newbuild launched
The Parkol yard at Whitby is close to delivering its latest newbuild, a 24 metre trawler for Scottish owners.
The new Daystar FR-86 was lifted into the water at Parkol last week and the work of fitting out continues, with the new twin-rig trawler expected to be handed over to its owners at the end of January. The initial contract was signed in December 2014 and construction started in February 2016.
Built for Stephen West, Daystar is designed by Ian Paton of SC McAllister and Company. Deck machinery is from EK Marine Ltd and the electronics package is supplied by McMinn Marine.
â€˜It has been a pleasure working with Stephen West and his fishing agent Graham Taylor from Westward Fishing Company,â€™ Parkol managing director Jim Morrison said.
â€˜We have a longstanding relationship with Westward and are very grateful for their business. We hope that this new vessel is a successful venture for them both.
WorldFishingToday - 15-01-2017