- Aker BioMarine to build support vessel in China
- Argos Cies delivered by Nodosa Shipyard
- Atlantic Dawn delivered by Parkolâ€™s Middlesbrough yard
- Western Chieftain delivered by Karstensen
- New technology, new trawler, and ownership changes
- BWTS for new wellboat
- Crabber construction starts at Tersan
- Nodosa delivers new fly-shooter/twin-rigger
- Seven-trawler propulsion order goes to MAN
- Atlantic Dawn launched at Middlesbrough
- Construction begins on Arkhangelsk longliner
- Built in Urk: Texel shrimper Bona Fide
- Northern Shipyard starts cutting steel for factory trawler series
- New pelagic catchers for Iceland
- Three-way competition for Ship of the Year
- Tirsdagen byder pÃ¥ vejrskifte med hÃ¥rd stormende kuling
- Storm blÃ¦ste iltsvindet baglÃ¦ns i de lavvandede fjorde
- Danske byer skal rustes mod stormflod og stigende havvand
- DMIÂ´s istjeneste for SydgrÃ¸nland skaber Ã¸get sikkerhed
- FÃ¦rÃ¸ske kystfiskere fryder sig over ny app
- Nordjylland: Stormende kuling venter nordjyderne
- Gigantisk bÃ¸lge mÃ¥lt ud for Skotland
- Vestkysthavnene melder kun om mindre skader efter Urd
- Vejrmeldingen gik i bogstaveligste forstand i fisk..
- DMI varsler vindstÃ¸d af stormstyrke ved vestkysten
- DMI fÃ¥r ny stor Vejr-krystalkugle
- Var orkanen Bodil Ã¥rets sidste
- Stormen BODIL rammer den jyske vestkyst
- DMI`s farvandsudsigter har holdt flyttedag
- Klimaforandringer pÃ¥virker livet i havene
- Internationale forskere mener den globale opvarmning er bremset en smule op
- Klimaforandringer giver mere ekstremt vejr og forvÃ¦rret havklima omkring os
- Kraftig storm pÃ¥ vej
- Se NASAs video over havstrÃ¸mmene pÃ¥ Jordens overflade
- Stiv modvind og kulde gav overisning i Ã˜stersÃ¸en
- Hirtshals gik nÃ¦sten fri â€“ Skagen ramt
- PÃ¥ trods af storm valgte en del fartÃ¸jer at blive pÃ¥ havet.
- Varsel om forhÃ¸jet vandstand natten til lÃ¸rdag
BWTS for new wellboat
Fitjar Mekaniske Verksted has contracted PG Flow Solutions to supply the ballast water treatment system (BWTS) to a wellboat currently under construction at the yard.
PG Flow Solutions will supply its IMO approved PG-Hyde ballast water treatment system, which is based on medium pressure UV technology, in combination with automatic, self-cleaning filters. The PG-Hyde ballast water treatment system sterilises the ballast water at both ballasting and de-ballasting, ensuring high level of quality and reliability. The BWTS system will be delivered in the fourth quarter of 2019.
The ballast water treatment system will be utilised on board Hordagut, which is Fitjar Mekaniske Verkstedâ€™s newbuild #44. It has a storage capacity of 4700 cubic metres and will be delivered to Hordalaks AS.
â€˜Fitjar Mekaniske Verksted has over the past decade managed to position itself as the most complete shipbuilder within the aquaculture industry. To be chosen as its subcontractor is therefore, as we see it, an important quality stamp for our ballast water treatment systems. We look forward to cooperating with the yard on the Hordagut newbuild,â€™ said Ã˜yvind Berg, VP sales & marketing at PG Flow Solutions.
The owners of Hordalaks AS are fish farming companies Blom Fiskeoppdrett AS, Kobbevik & Furuholmen Oppdrett AS, Fremskridt laks AS, Fylkesnes Fisk AS and Engesund Fiskeoppdrett AS. The wellboat will primarily work for these companies which in total holds 25 fish farming licenses in Hordaland, Norway.
PG Flow Solutions was earlier this month awarded a separate contract to supply a seawater circulation pump system to Hordagut, as a subcontractor to MMC First Process.
PG Flow Solutions provides proprietary solutions, systems and products for companies within the energy, maritime, aquaculture and land-based process industries. The background to the business is pumps and pumping systems. Its main manufacturing sites are located in Sande, Vestfold in Norway, and Worcester in the UK. The company also has a fabrication site in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia, and a service set-up in Ningbo, China.
WorldFishingToday - 10-10-2018