- New Audacious ready to start on whitefish
- Cleopatra autoliner for N-W Iceland
- Danish yard orders Rolls-Royce package for pelagic pair
- Piriou delivers Southern Ocean longliner to Comata
- Damen presents leasing fund for African shipowners at first Damen Fishing Seminar
- Tuco delivers ProZero high-pressure cleaner boat to AKVA
- New factory trawler keel laid at Vyborg Shipyard
- Ocean Choice invests in Newfoundland and Labrador fisheries with new trawler
- Twin-rigger order for Hoekman Shipbuilding
- Support for Russiaâs smaller-scale fishing sector
- Unique catcher-processor to be built to WĂ€rtsilĂ€ design
- Aker BioMarine to build support vessel in China
- Argos Cies delivered by Nodosa Shipyard
- Atlantic Dawn delivered by Parkolâs Middlesbrough yard
- Western Chieftain delivered by Karstensen
- Norske Â»HardhausÂ« skal repareres for et tocifret millionbelĂžb
- Frederikshavn tog imod skadet norsk trawler
- GrĂžnlandske fartĂžjer vĂŠlger nordjysk service
- Beinur ĂŠndre skibsfarve til blĂ„
- GĂ„r det for langsomt â sĂ„ vend propellen.
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TĂŠt kontakt til kunderne.
- Overfladebehandlinger pĂ„ toppen.
- Projekt âIndustri til konsumâ afsluttes.
- Kinesisk delegation kan Ă„bne Kina for import af fiskemel og -olie.
- Stor check pĂ„ vej til andelshaverne i TripleNine
- TrĂŠkuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
- VĂŠrdi af tobis kvoten 2010: 462 mio.kr.
- FlĂ„den fra ThyborĂžn og den lokale havn sidder pĂ„ tobismĂŠngderne
- Triple Nine - Nyhedsbrev - 3/2010
Twin-rigger order for Hoekman Shipbuilding
A new twin-rig trawler has been ordered from the Hoekman yard by Urk owners, and is to be built to a design by Scheepsbouw Bureau Herman Jansen, with a delivery date in mid-2020.
Urk fisherman Albert Romkes has gone to Hoekman Shipbuilding for the new Zuiderkruis UK-24, a 27.75 metre LOA, 8 metre beam dedicated twin-rigger, and the design comes from Scheepsbouw Bureau Herman Jansen, a company with a very design long track record and which is responsible for designing much of the Dutch fishing fleet over the last few decades.
The new UK-24 is an entirely new design and features an enclosed shelterdeck. Construction work on the steelwork is expected to commence early next year in Poland and the partly outfitted hull will be brought to Hoekman Shipbuildingâs quayside in Urk for fitting out and completion.
The design incorporates an 800p ABC main engine powering a 3000mm diameter propeller, and optimised fuel consumption is a key feature of the UK-24âs design.
The newbuild replaces Albert Romkesâs previous 29 metre UK-24, which was built in 1969 and which was sold last year, now fishing as Kleine Jan UK-242.
With Hoekman Shipbuilding as the main contractor, a number of other Urk companies have already been lined up as suppliers for the new trawler, including Piet Brouwer Elektrotechniek to fit the electrical installation on board, L. Post & Zonen to handle the carpentry work and VCU to supply design and manufacture the catch handling system.
Danish company Kinde & Toft will supply the hydraulic installation and deck equipment package.
WorldFishingToday - 01-11-2018