- Everything in 32 Feet
- Samherjiâ€™s first newbuild for 17 years
- New pelagic vessel for France PÃ©lagique
- Vard lands fish transporter contract
- ReykjavÃk welcomes Engey
- Building in Bangladesh
- HB Grandi invites bids for new freezer trawler
- New Seacon design to be built at Stadyard
- New Strand Senior to be built at Skagen
- Small but powerful
- New Cleopatra for western France
- New Hovden Viking
- Welsh patrol vessels, built in Wales
- Steadfast Hope from Macduff
- Le Zachary heads for Lorient
Engey delivery this week
HB Grandiâ€™s new fresher trawler is about to be delivered this week by the Celiktrans yard in Turkey.
The new Engey RE-91 is the first of a trio of new fresher trawlers intended to replace some of the companyâ€™s older vessels. Due to be followed later this year by Akurey and ViÃ°ey, the new trawlers are amount the first of a new wave of groundfish vessels set to join the Icelandic fleet in the coming months from mainly Turkish and Chinese shipyards.
Engeyâ€™s handover is scheduled to take place on Friday this week, to be followed by an estimated 12 days steaming to ReykjavÃk before crossing the bay to Akranes.
The three trawlers are to be fitted with an innovative catch handling and storage arrangement that is being designed and built by Skaginn and 3X Technology, and which will be installed alongside at Akranes.
An estimated nine weeks are required for the catch-handling deck to be fitted, and Engey is expected to be ready for sea in early March.
WorldFishingToday - 04-01-2017