- Janni â€“ Hanstholm fishermanâ€™s dream
- New Cleopatra for Stavanger
- New Havskjer ordered from Skagen
- New generation longliner/seine netter for Ã…lesund
- Geir: third Skipsteknisk design for HP Holmeset
- Keel laid at Vyborg Shipyard
- Batteries and LNG to power new Libas
- Treport pair from Socarenam
- Serene hits the water at Nauta yard
- New seine netter for Iceland
- Akurey: Stepping into a new century
- Crabber series for Murmansk company
- New LT-60 from Maaskant
- Sajoni comes to Skagen
- DFFU christens two trawlers in Cuxhaven
Engey delivery this week
HB Grandiâ€™s new fresher trawler is about to be delivered this week by the Celiktrans yard in Turkey.
The new Engey RE-91 is the first of a trio of new fresher trawlers intended to replace some of the companyâ€™s older vessels. Due to be followed later this year by Akurey and ViÃ°ey, the new trawlers are amount the first of a new wave of groundfish vessels set to join the Icelandic fleet in the coming months from mainly Turkish and Chinese shipyards.
Engeyâ€™s handover is scheduled to take place on Friday this week, to be followed by an estimated 12 days steaming to ReykjavÃk before crossing the bay to Akranes.
The three trawlers are to be fitted with an innovative catch handling and storage arrangement that is being designed and built by Skaginn and 3X Technology, and which will be installed alongside at Akranes.
An estimated nine weeks are required for the catch-handling deck to be fitted, and Engey is expected to be ready for sea in early March.
WorldFishingToday - 04-01-2017