- Trawler order for Jobi yard
- New Lunar Bow from Karstensens
- Echebastar purse seiner order for Zamakona
- Gitte Henning leaves Poland for Norway
- Longliner order for Piriou
- New Shetland Cleopatra
- Bara Breizh launched
- Macduff completes largest new fishing vessel to date
- Granit, Norwayâ€™s newest and biggest
- Hybrid netter from Norwegian yard
- Westcon to build new Gunnar Langva
- Zephyr goes Norwegian for new pelagic trawler
- Frida Amalie ready for the North Sea
- DFFUâ€™s Cuxhaven sails for first trip
- WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ design features first hybrid propulsion for fish farming industry
Engey delivery this week
HB Grandiâ€™s new fresher trawler is about to be delivered this week by the Celiktrans yard in Turkey.
The new Engey RE-91 is the first of a trio of new fresher trawlers intended to replace some of the companyâ€™s older vessels. Due to be followed later this year by Akurey and ViÃ°ey, the new trawlers are amount the first of a new wave of groundfish vessels set to join the Icelandic fleet in the coming months from mainly Turkish and Chinese shipyards.
Engeyâ€™s handover is scheduled to take place on Friday this week, to be followed by an estimated 12 days steaming to ReykjavÃk before crossing the bay to Akranes.
The three trawlers are to be fitted with an innovative catch handling and storage arrangement that is being designed and built by Skaginn and 3X Technology, and which will be installed alongside at Akranes.
An estimated nine weeks are required for the catch-handling deck to be fitted, and Engey is expected to be ready for sea in early March.
WorldFishingToday - 04-01-2017