- New krill catcher planned to meet rising demand
- Maaskant to complete beamer for Urk owners
- Everything in 32 Feet
- Samherjiâ€™s first newbuild for 17 years
- New pelagic vessel for France PÃ©lagique
- Vard lands fish transporter contract
- ReykjavÃk welcomes Engey
- Building in Bangladesh
- HB Grandi invites bids for new freezer trawler
- New Seacon design to be built at Stadyard
- New Strand Senior to be built at Skagen
- Small but powerful
- New Cleopatra for western France
- New Hovden Viking
- Welsh patrol vessels, built in Wales
Whitby newbuild launched
The Parkol yard at Whitby is close to delivering its latest newbuild, a 24 metre trawler for Scottish owners.
The new Daystar FR-86 was lifted into the water at Parkol last week and the work of fitting out continues, with the new twin-rig trawler expected to be handed over to its owners at the end of January. The initial contract was signed in December 2014 and construction started in February 2016.
Built for Stephen West, Daystar is designed by Ian Paton of SC McAllister and Company. Deck machinery is from EK Marine Ltd and the electronics package is supplied by McMinn Marine.
â€˜It has been a pleasure working with Stephen West and his fishing agent Graham Taylor from Westward Fishing Company,â€™ Parkol managing director Jim Morrison said.
â€˜We have a longstanding relationship with Westward and are very grateful for their business. We hope that this new vessel is a successful venture for them both.
WorldFishingToday - 15-01-2017