- Trawler pair on the way home to Iceland
- Vard to build liner/seine netter for RemÃ¸ybuen
- Argos Froyanes longliners delivered
- New Radek from Stadyard
- Freezer trawlers take shape at Vyborg yard
- New crabberâ€™s keel laid
- New Themis delivered
- Heavyweight Cleopatra autoliner delivered
- Two more for Nauta orderbook
- Janni â€“ Hanstholm fishermanâ€™s dream
- New Cleopatra for Stavanger
- New Havskjer ordered from Skagen
- New generation longliner/seine netter for Ã…lesund
- Geir: third Skipsteknisk design for HP Holmeset
- Keel laid at Vyborg Shipyard
Whitby newbuild launched
The Parkol yard at Whitby is close to delivering its latest newbuild, a 24 metre trawler for Scottish owners.
The new Daystar FR-86 was lifted into the water at Parkol last week and the work of fitting out continues, with the new twin-rig trawler expected to be handed over to its owners at the end of January. The initial contract was signed in December 2014 and construction started in February 2016.
Built for Stephen West, Daystar is designed by Ian Paton of SC McAllister and Company. Deck machinery is from EK Marine Ltd and the electronics package is supplied by McMinn Marine.
â€˜It has been a pleasure working with Stephen West and his fishing agent Graham Taylor from Westward Fishing Company,â€™ Parkol managing director Jim Morrison said.
â€˜We have a longstanding relationship with Westward and are very grateful for their business. We hope that this new vessel is a successful venture for them both.
WorldFishingToday - 15-01-2017