- Dutch owners order MDV-pattern newbuilds
- Parkol newbuild orders signed at Skipper show
- New crabber and new beamer to join Waterdance fleet
- Swedish fleetâ€™s pelagic flagship
- Emilie delivered by Jobi VÃ¦rft
- New Skagen shrimper Emli Pilegaard
- Damen shows its first completed UV 4312 fish farm support vessel
- New pelagic flagship for Danish fleet
- New shrimpers delivered in Den Oever
- Westmann Islands celebrate new trawlerâ€™s arrival
- Norwegian design and build for Southern Ocean catcher
- Last of GlÃ©hen trawler trio delivered
- Emeraude ready for first trip
- Gunnar K christened and delivered
- BjÃ¸rnson for BrÃ¸nnÃ¸ysund
Whitby newbuild launched
The Parkol yard at Whitby is close to delivering its latest newbuild, a 24 metre trawler for Scottish owners.
The new Daystar FR-86 was lifted into the water at Parkol last week and the work of fitting out continues, with the new twin-rig trawler expected to be handed over to its owners at the end of January. The initial contract was signed in December 2014 and construction started in February 2016.
Built for Stephen West, Daystar is designed by Ian Paton of SC McAllister and Company. Deck machinery is from EK Marine Ltd and the electronics package is supplied by McMinn Marine.
â€˜It has been a pleasure working with Stephen West and his fishing agent Graham Taylor from Westward Fishing Company,â€™ Parkol managing director Jim Morrison said.
â€˜We have a longstanding relationship with Westward and are very grateful for their business. We hope that this new vessel is a successful venture for them both.
WorldFishingToday - 15-01-2017