- Trefjar newbuild for Trondheim
- New generation, new Pia Glanz
- Henk Senior ready for fishing
- Second HB Grandi trawler delivered
- Blue Wave: future fishing vessel
- CaraÃ¯bes IIâ€™s showday
- New beach-launch seiner/netter
- Baffin Fisheries plans new 75m trawler
- Sophisticated new trawler from Danish yard
- Swedish pair ordered from Skagen yard
- DalvÃk welcomes BjÃ¶rgÃºlfur
- New Greenland crabber from VestvÃ¦rftet
- Rockall launched at Nauta
- Vyborg signs newbuilds
- Akurey to sail next week
Whitby newbuild launched
The Parkol yard at Whitby is close to delivering its latest newbuild, a 24 metre trawler for Scottish owners.
The new Daystar FR-86 was lifted into the water at Parkol last week and the work of fitting out continues, with the new twin-rig trawler expected to be handed over to its owners at the end of January. The initial contract was signed in December 2014 and construction started in February 2016.
Built for Stephen West, Daystar is designed by Ian Paton of SC McAllister and Company. Deck machinery is from EK Marine Ltd and the electronics package is supplied by McMinn Marine.
â€˜It has been a pleasure working with Stephen West and his fishing agent Graham Taylor from Westward Fishing Company,â€™ Parkol managing director Jim Morrison said.
â€˜We have a longstanding relationship with Westward and are very grateful for their business. We hope that this new vessel is a successful venture for them both.
WorldFishingToday - 15-01-2017