- WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ design features first hybrid propulsion for fish farming industry
- Grateful delivered by Karstensens
- Keeping it in Boulogne
- Zamakona to build new Adenia
- Nord Pilgrim newbuilds choose WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ propulsion systems
- Third of Iceland series steaming home from Turkey
- Longliner heads for Greenland
- Clam catcher from Florida yard
- Pella signs newbuild orders
- Seiner/trawler for northern Norway
- Henk Senior - plaice hunter
- Rapp Marine order for new Odd Lundberg
- Comata orders Southern Ocean longliner
- Salt live carriers for DESS
- Seiner for Lofoten
TA Senior delivered
Stadyard has delivered newbuilding no.39 to owner Morten Ingebrigtsen and the new seiner is now on its way to its homeport at Akkarfjorden in Finnmark.
The new TA Senior is probably the largest under 15m fishing vessel to be found anywhere, with a lot of technology in a compact hull.
The hull was constructed in Poland and delivered to Stadyard last year for fitting out. Designed by Seacon in MÃ¥lÃ¸y, TA Senior measures 15 metres overall with an 8 metre beam. The startling SC15 design has been developed over several years and this includes model tests at the Stadt towing tank. The shipyard, designer and owner have placed emphasis on the positive support received from Innovation Norway and the Research Council in developing the SC15 design
TA Senior is being fitted out for purse seining and seine netting and has a package of winches and other deck equipment from Lofoten Hydraulikk. The main engine is a Yanmar 6AYM and the gearbox and propeller are from FinnÃ¸y Gear & Propeller. A vacuum system from Stranda Prolog is part of the build and the FrioNordica RSW plant provides cooling for the three RSW tanks that are designed for both normal circulation and for live transport of cod.
WorldFishingToday - 05-03-2017