- Dutch owners order MDV-pattern newbuilds
- Parkol newbuild orders signed at Skipper show
- New crabber and new beamer to join Waterdance fleet
- Swedish fleetâ€™s pelagic flagship
- Emilie delivered by Jobi VÃ¦rft
- New Skagen shrimper Emli Pilegaard
- Damen shows its first completed UV 4312 fish farm support vessel
- New pelagic flagship for Danish fleet
- New shrimpers delivered in Den Oever
- Westmann Islands celebrate new trawlerâ€™s arrival
- Norwegian design and build for Southern Ocean catcher
- Last of GlÃ©hen trawler trio delivered
- Emeraude ready for first trip
- Gunnar K christened and delivered
- BjÃ¸rnson for BrÃ¸nnÃ¸ysund
New sjark rigged for netting
Jemar Norpower has delivered a new 10.99m Sjark to owners JÃ¸rgen Torset and Terje Oldervik.
The new Ã†rling is rigged for netting, measures 10.99 metres with a 4.45 metre beam and has an 18 cubic metre fishroom. The wheelhouse offers a 360Â° view and the mess area is in the wheelhouse, along with a galley equipped with a ceramic hob. There are cabins and a toilet and shower below the wheelhouse.
Ã†rlingâ€™s main engine is a 305hp, 6.70 litre Cummins QSB driving a 4-bladed Nogva propeller via a Nogva HC 168 reduction gear at a 4.16:1 ratio, giving a working speed of around nine knots. The gearbox also has a PTO. The SP300 side thruster is from Sleipnir hydraulics.
Ã†rling has an extensive working deck area, with a shelter along the whole of the boatâ€™s port side. The pounds for the boatâ€™s fishing gear are located at the stern.
Deck equipment is from Lorentzen Hydraulics, with a 1200kg LHG1200 net hauler fitted on the starboard side and a net stacker aft. Lorentzen also supplied the winches for the landing boom. A Troldmyr MÃ¸belfabrikk HIAB crane is also fitted aft over the deck area.
Electronics are supplied by ProNav and OddstÃ¸l Elektronikk, and include a Furuno CH-270BB sonar.
WorldFishingToday - 08-03-2017