- Ready to go â€“ and up for sale
- Texel shrimper taking shape at VCU
- Kaliningrad yard to build factory trawler
- Seven-trawler series for Iceland
- Kronos: second of Brittany trawler trio
- Six trawlers for Murmansk operator
- A week to go for new Sander Andre
- Ekofish Group orders Maaskant twin-rigger
- Knarr member company strikes design deal for Russian newbuilds
- Lunar Bow chooses WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤
- Yantar launches first of Kamchatka pelagic trio
- Clipperton launched at Nauta Shipyard
- Kirkwallâ€™s new Keila
- Samherjiâ€™s BjÃ¶rg delivered to Akureyri
- Northern Osprey III ready to be named tomorrow
New Hovden Viking
Larsnes Mek Verksted has signed a contract with Hovden Senior AS for a new seine netter/purse seiner to be built to a Rolls-Royce design.
The new Hovden Viking is scheduled to be delivered in mid-2018, and to be fitted out at Larsnes on a hull constructed at Gdansk in Poland. The Rolls-Royce design is for a 46m LOA vessel with a 12m beam and six RSW tanks, or which two are to be fitted out for carrying live fish and also insulated for freezing. The main deck is to be fitted out for processing whitefish.
The seine netter/purse seiner is also to be prepared for trawling, if this becomes an option in the future.
Rolls-Royce will supply much of the new Hovden Vikingâ€™s equipment, and in addition local suppliers will also be used. Accommodation is for a crew of up to twelve in four single and four twin cabins.
This is the third newbuild from Larsnes Mek Verksted for the same owners, as the first Hovden Senior was built there in 1996, Hovden Viking in 2007 and now the new Hovden Viking in 2018.
WorldFishingToday - 21-03-2017