- WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ design features first hybrid propulsion for fish farming industry
- Grateful delivered by Karstensens
- Keeping it in Boulogne
- Zamakona to build new Adenia
- Nord Pilgrim newbuilds choose WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ propulsion systems
- Third of Iceland series steaming home from Turkey
- Longliner heads for Greenland
- Clam catcher from Florida yard
- Pella signs newbuild orders
- Seiner/trawler for northern Norway
- Henk Senior - plaice hunter
- Rapp Marine order for new Odd Lundberg
- Comata orders Southern Ocean longliner
- Salt live carriers for DESS
- Seiner for Lofoten
New Hovden Viking
Larsnes Mek Verksted has signed a contract with Hovden Senior AS for a new seine netter/purse seiner to be built to a Rolls-Royce design.
The new Hovden Viking is scheduled to be delivered in mid-2018, and to be fitted out at Larsnes on a hull constructed at Gdansk in Poland. The Rolls-Royce design is for a 46m LOA vessel with a 12m beam and six RSW tanks, or which two are to be fitted out for carrying live fish and also insulated for freezing. The main deck is to be fitted out for processing whitefish.
The seine netter/purse seiner is also to be prepared for trawling, if this becomes an option in the future.
Rolls-Royce will supply much of the new Hovden Vikingâ€™s equipment, and in addition local suppliers will also be used. Accommodation is for a crew of up to twelve in four single and four twin cabins.
This is the third newbuild from Larsnes Mek Verksted for the same owners, as the first Hovden Senior was built there in 1996, Hovden Viking in 2007 and now the new Hovden Viking in 2018.
WorldFishingToday - 21-03-2017