- New crabber and new beamer to join Waterdance fleet
- Swedish fleetâ€™s pelagic flagship
- Emilie delivered by Jobi VÃ¦rft
- New Skagen shrimper Emli Pilegaard
- Damen shows its first completed UV 4312 fish farm support vessel
- New pelagic flagship for Danish fleet
- New shrimpers delivered in Den Oever
- Westmann Islands celebrate new trawlerâ€™s arrival
- Norwegian design and build for Southern Ocean catcher
- Last of GlÃ©hen trawler trio delivered
- Emeraude ready for first trip
- Gunnar K christened and delivered
- BjÃ¸rnson for BrÃ¸nnÃ¸ysund
- Summer Rose launch at Whitby
- Olympic to pack new trawler with green technology
HB Grandi invites bids for new freezer trawler
Icelandic fishing company HB Grandi is inviting bids for the construction of a new factory freezer trawler.
The company currently operates three factory freezer trawlers, Ã–rfirisey, Therney and HÃ¶frungur III, all of which date back to 1988-1992, in addition to its four fresher trawler and two pelagic vessels. Another of the companyâ€™s trawlers, Helga MarÃa, was converted last year from a freezer to a fresher.
The company went to Rolls-Royce in Norway for the design of their planned new NVC 375 trawler. Specifications are for an overall length of 81 metres, a beam of 17 metres and a fishroom capacity for 1000 tonnes of products on pallets.
HB Grandi expects to announce a decision in May for the vessel to be delivered at the end of 2019.
WorldFishingToday - 31-03-2017