- Trawler order for Jobi yard
- New Lunar Bow from Karstensens
- Echebastar purse seiner order for Zamakona
- Gitte Henning leaves Poland for Norway
- Longliner order for Piriou
- New Shetland Cleopatra
- Bara Breizh launched
- Macduff completes largest new fishing vessel to date
- Granit, Norwayâ€™s newest and biggest
- Hybrid netter from Norwegian yard
- Westcon to build new Gunnar Langva
- Zephyr goes Norwegian for new pelagic trawler
- Frida Amalie ready for the North Sea
- DFFUâ€™s Cuxhaven sails for first trip
- WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ design features first hybrid propulsion for fish farming industry
HB Grandi invites bids for new freezer trawler
Icelandic fishing company HB Grandi is inviting bids for the construction of a new factory freezer trawler.
The company currently operates three factory freezer trawlers, Ã–rfirisey, Therney and HÃ¶frungur III, all of which date back to 1988-1992, in addition to its four fresher trawler and two pelagic vessels. Another of the companyâ€™s trawlers, Helga MarÃa, was converted last year from a freezer to a fresher.
The company went to Rolls-Royce in Norway for the design of their planned new NVC 375 trawler. Specifications are for an overall length of 81 metres, a beam of 17 metres and a fishroom capacity for 1000 tonnes of products on pallets.
HB Grandi expects to announce a decision in May for the vessel to be delivered at the end of 2019.
WorldFishingToday - 31-03-2017