- WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ design features first hybrid propulsion for fish farming industry
- Grateful delivered by Karstensens
- Keeping it in Boulogne
- Zamakona to build new Adenia
- Nord Pilgrim newbuilds choose WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ propulsion systems
- Third of Iceland series steaming home from Turkey
- Longliner heads for Greenland
- Clam catcher from Florida yard
- Pella signs newbuild orders
- Seiner/trawler for northern Norway
- Henk Senior - plaice hunter
- Rapp Marine order for new Odd Lundberg
- Comata orders Southern Ocean longliner
- Salt live carriers for DESS
- Seiner for Lofoten
HB Grandi invites bids for new freezer trawler
Icelandic fishing company HB Grandi is inviting bids for the construction of a new factory freezer trawler.
The company currently operates three factory freezer trawlers, Ã–rfirisey, Therney and HÃ¶frungur III, all of which date back to 1988-1992, in addition to its four fresher trawler and two pelagic vessels. Another of the companyâ€™s trawlers, Helga MarÃa, was converted last year from a freezer to a fresher.
The company went to Rolls-Royce in Norway for the design of their planned new NVC 375 trawler. Specifications are for an overall length of 81 metres, a beam of 17 metres and a fishroom capacity for 1000 tonnes of products on pallets.
HB Grandi expects to announce a decision in May for the vessel to be delivered at the end of 2019.
WorldFishingToday - 31-03-2017