- New krill catcher planned to meet rising demand
- Maaskant to complete beamer for Urk owners
- Everything in 32 Feet
- Samherjiâ€™s first newbuild for 17 years
- New pelagic vessel for France PÃ©lagique
- Vard lands fish transporter contract
- ReykjavÃk welcomes Engey
- Building in Bangladesh
- HB Grandi invites bids for new freezer trawler
- New Seacon design to be built at Stadyard
- New Strand Senior to be built at Skagen
- Small but powerful
- New Cleopatra for western France
- New Hovden Viking
- Welsh patrol vessels, built in Wales
HB Grandi invites bids for new freezer trawler
Icelandic fishing company HB Grandi is inviting bids for the construction of a new factory freezer trawler.
The company currently operates three factory freezer trawlers, Ã–rfirisey, Therney and HÃ¶frungur III, all of which date back to 1988-1992, in addition to its four fresher trawler and two pelagic vessels. Another of the companyâ€™s trawlers, Helga MarÃa, was converted last year from a freezer to a fresher.
The company went to Rolls-Royce in Norway for the design of their planned new NVC 375 trawler. Specifications are for an overall length of 81 metres, a beam of 17 metres and a fishroom capacity for 1000 tonnes of products on pallets.
HB Grandi expects to announce a decision in May for the vessel to be delivered at the end of 2019.
WorldFishingToday - 31-03-2017