- Built for langoustine
- New Cetus designed by Salt
- New contract for Nauta
- Two newbuild contracts for Stadyard
- New filleter for Iceland
- Nodosa delivers Henk Senior
- Alannah Riley delivered to Ireland
- HB Grandi freezer order goes to Armon
- Sea trials in China
- New krill catcher planned to meet rising demand
- Maaskant to complete beamer for Urk owners
- Everything in 32 Feet
- Samherjiâ€™s first newbuild for 17 years
- New pelagic vessel for France PÃ©lagique
- Vard lands fish transporter contract
Maaskant to complete beamer for Urk owners
A role has been found for one of the stock beamer hulls that the Maaskant Shipyard has had at its yard for a few years now that the owners of the UK-45 have placed an order for it to be completed. This will be the first new beam trawler from Maaskant for more than ten years.
The new trawler for the Hakvoort brothers will be rigged for pulse trawling and will sail as the UK-46, although the name has not yet been decided.
The hull has been at the yard since February 2006 and is one of the same series of beam trawlers delivered to Dutch owners more than ten years ago which included the BR-14 and the GO-22 with a 41.05 metre overall length, a beam of 9 metres and a depth of 5.10 metres.
It will have a 12DZC ABC main engine delivering 1999hp at 700rpm to drive a Reintjes WAF3455 gearbox with a 6:1 reduction and a 3600mm diameter propeller running inside a nozzle. Auxiliary engines will be a pair of 435kVa Mitsubishis plus a 125kVa harbour set.
UK-46 will have a Maaskant M220EP4 160EP6 electric winch with a 240hp drive
With the hull already ready for work on it to begin, the new UK-46 is expected to be delivered in February 2018
WorldFishingToday - 27-04-2017