- Sealord flagship ready for delivery
- Third VestvÃ¦rft newbuild for Norwegian owner
- Cleopatra 50 for Breton skipper
- Nueva Pescanova starts fleet renewal with seven new trawlers
- Second Far East pelagic catcher launched
- Simek delivers Veidar
- UK-46: first new beamer for a decade
- New Stormhav from Stadyard
- New Hardhaus gets battery hybrid propulsion
- Trawler pair on the way home to Iceland
- Vard to build liner/seine netter for RemÃ¸ybuen
- Argos Froyanes longliners delivered
- New Radek from Stadyard
- Freezer trawlers take shape at Vyborg yard
- New crabberâ€™s keel laid
Maaskant to complete beamer for Urk owners
A role has been found for one of the stock beamer hulls that the Maaskant Shipyard has had at its yard for a few years now that the owners of the UK-45 have placed an order for it to be completed. This will be the first new beam trawler from Maaskant for more than ten years.
The new trawler for the Hakvoort brothers will be rigged for pulse trawling and will sail as the UK-46, although the name has not yet been decided.
The hull has been at the yard since February 2006 and is one of the same series of beam trawlers delivered to Dutch owners more than ten years ago which included the BR-14 and the GO-22 with a 41.05 metre overall length, a beam of 9 metres and a depth of 5.10 metres.
It will have a 12DZC ABC main engine delivering 1999hp at 700rpm to drive a Reintjes WAF3455 gearbox with a 6:1 reduction and a 3600mm diameter propeller running inside a nozzle. Auxiliary engines will be a pair of 435kVa Mitsubishis plus a 125kVa harbour set.
UK-46 will have a Maaskant M220EP4 160EP6 electric winch with a 240hp drive
With the hull already ready for work on it to begin, the new UK-46 is expected to be delivered in February 2018
WorldFishingToday - 27-04-2017