- Lunar Bow chooses WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤
- Yantar launches first of Kamchatka pelagic trio
- Clipperton launched at Nauta Shipyard
- Kirkwallâ€™s new Keila
- Samherjiâ€™s BjÃ¶rg delivered to Akureyri
- Northern Osprey III ready to be named tomorrow
- Falklands squid catcher from Spanish yard
- New trawler for Le Guilvinec
- Toothfish longliner pair from Tersan
- Longliner orders for St Petersburg yard
- Ferarri-style trawler design for French owners
- Shrimpers arrive at Luyt yard for fitting out
- Fleet of six for Russian Fishery Company
- Trawler order for Jobi yard
- New Lunar Bow from Karstensens
Nodosa delivers Henk Senior
The Nodosa Shipyard at MarÃn north-western Spain has delivered a combination flyshooter/twin-rigger to Ospey Trawlers. Henk Senior has completed sea trials prior to delivery and will fish in the English Channel and North Sea.
The UK-flagged Henk Senior has an overall length of 28.60m, a beam of 10m and is powered by a 749kW ABC 6DZC main engine driving a 3300mm ducted five-bladed propeller through a Reintjes gearbox to give a speed of 11.50 knots and 25 tonne bollard pull. Two MAN 320kW, 400 volt auxiliary engines are fitted, plus a Caterpillar 86kW 400 volt harbour generator.
Deck machinery was supplied by Ibercisa and the package includes a pair of two-speed flyshooting winches, twin two-speed net drums and a 20-tonne trawl winch. Two eight-tonne auxiliary winches were also included as well as an electrically powered anchor winch and a Guerra M140.903 deck crane.
Henk Senior has a 120 cubic metre fishroom with capacity for 1200 boxes and is fitted with two Geneglace flake ice machines with a 2500kg daily capacity.
Accommodation is for a crew of up to nine in four two-berth cabins and a single cabin.
The wheelhouse has been designed to provide 360Â° visibility.
The electronics fitted in the wheelhouse include a Furuno FAR-2117BB radar, a Simrad Halo sounder/plotter/radar system, a Simrad S2009 sounder and AP70 autopilot. The chartplotting system is a MaxSea Time Zero and there are Simrad HS60 and HS70 GPS/satellite compasses. The EG70 automatic beacon and SA709 SART/responder are also from Simrad.
The Nodosa yard is busy with more fishing vessel orders, including 64m and 74m trawlers for the South Atlantic, a 50m trawler for the NAFO zone and two 35m trawlers for a German company to fish North Sea waters.
The yard has also signed two more contracts with Dutch owners, one for a vessel almost identical to Henk Senior and a 36m vessel for the same North Sea grounds.
WorldFishingToday - 09-05-2017