- Bara Breizh launched
- Macduff completes largest new fishing vessel to date
- Granit, Norwayâ€™s newest and biggest
- Hybrid netter from Norwegian yard
- Westcon to build new Gunnar Langva
- Zephyr goes Norwegian for new pelagic trawler
- Frida Amalie ready for the North Sea
- DFFUâ€™s Cuxhaven sails for first trip
- WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ design features first hybrid propulsion for fish farming industry
- Grateful delivered by Karstensens
- Keeping it in Boulogne
- Zamakona to build new Adenia
- Nord Pilgrim newbuilds choose WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ propulsion systems
- Third of Iceland series steaming home from Turkey
- Longliner heads for Greenland
Nodosa delivers Henk Senior
The Nodosa Shipyard at MarÃn north-western Spain has delivered a combination flyshooter/twin-rigger to Ospey Trawlers. Henk Senior has completed sea trials prior to delivery and will fish in the English Channel and North Sea.
The UK-flagged Henk Senior has an overall length of 28.60m, a beam of 10m and is powered by a 749kW ABC 6DZC main engine driving a 3300mm ducted five-bladed propeller through a Reintjes gearbox to give a speed of 11.50 knots and 25 tonne bollard pull. Two MAN 320kW, 400 volt auxiliary engines are fitted, plus a Caterpillar 86kW 400 volt harbour generator.
Deck machinery was supplied by Ibercisa and the package includes a pair of two-speed flyshooting winches, twin two-speed net drums and a 20-tonne trawl winch. Two eight-tonne auxiliary winches were also included as well as an electrically powered anchor winch and a Guerra M140.903 deck crane.
Henk Senior has a 120 cubic metre fishroom with capacity for 1200 boxes and is fitted with two Geneglace flake ice machines with a 2500kg daily capacity.
Accommodation is for a crew of up to nine in four two-berth cabins and a single cabin.
The wheelhouse has been designed to provide 360Â° visibility.
The electronics fitted in the wheelhouse include a Furuno FAR-2117BB radar, a Simrad Halo sounder/plotter/radar system, a Simrad S2009 sounder and AP70 autopilot. The chartplotting system is a MaxSea Time Zero and there are Simrad HS60 and HS70 GPS/satellite compasses. The EG70 automatic beacon and SA709 SART/responder are also from Simrad.
The Nodosa yard is busy with more fishing vessel orders, including 64m and 74m trawlers for the South Atlantic, a 50m trawler for the NAFO zone and two 35m trawlers for a German company to fish North Sea waters.
The yard has also signed two more contracts with Dutch owners, one for a vessel almost identical to Henk Senior and a 36m vessel for the same North Sea grounds.
WorldFishingToday - 09-05-2017