- Versatile trawler for Le Croisic
- Third pelagic vessel launched at Kaliningrad yard
- Shetland flyshooter heads home from Denmark
- Rolls-Royce signs largest ever fishing vessel contract
- Guiding Light champions green fishing practices
- Newbuilds take shape at Macduff
- New Prestfjord ordered from Gondan
- Ora et Labora â€“ PTS delivers partially outfitted trawler for Vestvaerftet
- Dutch owners order MDV-pattern newbuilds
- Parkol newbuild orders signed at Skipper show
- New crabber and new beamer to join Waterdance fleet
- Swedish fleetâ€™s pelagic flagship
- Emilie delivered by Jobi VÃ¦rft
- New Skagen shrimper Emli Pilegaard
- Damen shows its first completed UV 4312 fish farm support vessel
Nodosa delivers Henk Senior
The Nodosa Shipyard at MarÃn north-western Spain has delivered a combination flyshooter/twin-rigger to Ospey Trawlers. Henk Senior has completed sea trials prior to delivery and will fish in the English Channel and North Sea.
The UK-flagged Henk Senior has an overall length of 28.60m, a beam of 10m and is powered by a 749kW ABC 6DZC main engine driving a 3300mm ducted five-bladed propeller through a Reintjes gearbox to give a speed of 11.50 knots and 25 tonne bollard pull. Two MAN 320kW, 400 volt auxiliary engines are fitted, plus a Caterpillar 86kW 400 volt harbour generator.
Deck machinery was supplied by Ibercisa and the package includes a pair of two-speed flyshooting winches, twin two-speed net drums and a 20-tonne trawl winch. Two eight-tonne auxiliary winches were also included as well as an electrically powered anchor winch and a Guerra M140.903 deck crane.
Henk Senior has a 120 cubic metre fishroom with capacity for 1200 boxes and is fitted with two Geneglace flake ice machines with a 2500kg daily capacity.
Accommodation is for a crew of up to nine in four two-berth cabins and a single cabin.
The wheelhouse has been designed to provide 360Â° visibility.
The electronics fitted in the wheelhouse include a Furuno FAR-2117BB radar, a Simrad Halo sounder/plotter/radar system, a Simrad S2009 sounder and AP70 autopilot. The chartplotting system is a MaxSea Time Zero and there are Simrad HS60 and HS70 GPS/satellite compasses. The EG70 automatic beacon and SA709 SART/responder are also from Simrad.
The Nodosa yard is busy with more fishing vessel orders, including 64m and 74m trawlers for the South Atlantic, a 50m trawler for the NAFO zone and two 35m trawlers for a German company to fish North Sea waters.
The yard has also signed two more contracts with Dutch owners, one for a vessel almost identical to Henk Senior and a 36m vessel for the same North Sea grounds.
WorldFishingToday - 09-05-2017