- Ekofish Group orders Maaskant twin-rigger
- Knarr member company strikes design deal for Russian newbuilds
- Lunar Bow chooses WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤
- Yantar launches first of Kamchatka pelagic trio
- Clipperton launched at Nauta Shipyard
- Kirkwallâ€™s new Keila
- Samherjiâ€™s BjÃ¶rg delivered to Akureyri
- Northern Osprey III ready to be named tomorrow
- Falklands squid catcher from Spanish yard
- New trawler for Le Guilvinec
- Toothfish longliner pair from Tersan
- Longliner orders for St Petersburg yard
- Ferarri-style trawler design for French owners
- Shrimpers arrive at Luyt yard for fitting out
- Fleet of six for Russian Fishery Company
Shrimper pair from Luyt
The Luyt Groep yard at Den Oever in Holland has two new shrimpers under construction for local owners in Wieringen, with delivery scheduled for early 2018. The keel-laying ceremony for the two newbuilds took place last week.
The two shrimp trawlers, Emma WR-12 for Gerard Kranendonk and Rein Willem RE-212 for Rein van den Burg are the yardâ€™s Jan Luyt type, with an overall length of 23.90 metres, a beam of 6.40 metres, a depth of 2.55 metres and will register 88gt each. Both trawlers will have Caterpillar C12 main engine.
The trawlers are designed and engineered in-house by the Luyt team. The steel hulls are being fabricated at Scheepswerf Buijs and are scheduled to be delivered in September to Den Oever for fitting out.
The previous WR-12, which was also built at Luyt in 2002, has been sold to the Zoutkamp owners of the ZK-14, while the WR-212 has been sold to owners in Harderwijk.
WorldFishingToday - 07-07-2017