- Henk Senior - plaice hunter
- Rapp Marine order for new Odd Lundberg
- Comata orders Southern Ocean longliner
- Salt live carriers for DESS
- Seiner for Lofoten
- Stella Nova hits the water in Szczecin
- Shrimper pair from Luyt
- Nauta cuts steel for new pelagic trawler
- Second newbuild for Cherbourg company
- First Scopale newbuild ready for christening
- Third newbuild for Greenland from Hvide Sande
- New Odd Lundberg from Karstensens
- Trefjar newbuild for Trondheim
- New generation, new Pia Glanz
- Henk Senior ready for fishing
Shrimper pair from Luyt
The Luyt Groep yard at Den Oever in Holland has two new shrimpers under construction for local owners in Wieringen, with delivery scheduled for early 2018. The keel-laying ceremony for the two newbuilds took place last week.
The two shrimp trawlers, Emma WR-12 for Gerard Kranendonk and Rein Willem RE-212 for Rein van den Burg are the yardâ€™s Jan Luyt type, with an overall length of 23.90 metres, a beam of 6.40 metres, a depth of 2.55 metres and will register 88gt each. Both trawlers will have Caterpillar C12 main engine.
The trawlers are designed and engineered in-house by the Luyt team. The steel hulls are being fabricated at Scheepswerf Buijs and are scheduled to be delivered in September to Den Oever for fitting out.
The previous WR-12, which was also built at Luyt in 2002, has been sold to the Zoutkamp owners of the ZK-14, while the WR-212 has been sold to owners in Harderwijk.
WorldFishingToday - 07-07-2017