- Heavyweight Cleopatra autoliner delivered
- Two more for Nauta orderbook
- Janni â€“ Hanstholm fishermanâ€™s dream
- New Cleopatra for Stavanger
- New Havskjer ordered from Skagen
- New generation longliner/seine netter for Ã…lesund
- Geir: third Skipsteknisk design for HP Holmeset
- Keel laid at Vyborg Shipyard
- Batteries and LNG to power new Libas
- Treport pair from Socarenam
- Serene hits the water at Nauta yard
- New seine netter for Iceland
- Akurey: Stepping into a new century
- Crabber series for Murmansk company
- New LT-60 from Maaskant
Stella Nova hits the water in Szczecin
The new trawler for Clogherhead owner Niall Connolly has been launched at the PTS yard at Szczecin in Poland.
The 23.99 metre LOA, 7.40 metre beam Stella Nova is a VestvÃ¦rft design and is to operate freezing prawns on board. The first stage of the construction is being completed by PTS in Poland and the hull will then be tugged to Ireland to be completed by Mooney Boats in Killybegs.
PTS was established in 2007 as a technical, design and commercial venture to carry out ship repair, conversion work and construction.
â€˜Our full-time staff consists of about forty engineers, technicians, welders, steel fitters and other qualified specialists and we can bring in a number of staff for handling larger projects, as required,â€™ a spokesman for the yard said.
â€˜PTS is still growing. The company is already well recognised and we have provided repairs and conversions for Norwegian, Icelandic, Scottish, and Polish customers.â€™
WorldFishingToday - 08-07-2017