- Bara Breizh launched
- Macduff completes largest new fishing vessel to date
- Granit, Norwayâ€™s newest and biggest
- Hybrid netter from Norwegian yard
- Westcon to build new Gunnar Langva
- Zephyr goes Norwegian for new pelagic trawler
- Frida Amalie ready for the North Sea
- DFFUâ€™s Cuxhaven sails for first trip
- WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ design features first hybrid propulsion for fish farming industry
- Grateful delivered by Karstensens
- Keeping it in Boulogne
- Zamakona to build new Adenia
- Nord Pilgrim newbuilds choose WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ propulsion systems
- Third of Iceland series steaming home from Turkey
- Longliner heads for Greenland
Stella Nova hits the water in Szczecin
The new trawler for Clogherhead owner Niall Connolly has been launched at the PTS yard at Szczecin in Poland.
The 23.99 metre LOA, 7.40 metre beam Stella Nova is a VestvÃ¦rft design and is to operate freezing prawns on board. The first stage of the construction is being completed by PTS in Poland and the hull will then be tugged to Ireland to be completed by Mooney Boats in Killybegs.
PTS was established in 2007 as a technical, design and commercial venture to carry out ship repair, conversion work and construction.
â€˜Our full-time staff consists of about forty engineers, technicians, welders, steel fitters and other qualified specialists and we can bring in a number of staff for handling larger projects, as required,â€™ a spokesman for the yard said.
â€˜PTS is still growing. The company is already well recognised and we have provided repairs and conversions for Norwegian, Icelandic, Scottish, and Polish customers.â€™
WorldFishingToday - 08-07-2017