- Versatile trawler for Le Croisic
- Third pelagic vessel launched at Kaliningrad yard
- Shetland flyshooter heads home from Denmark
- Rolls-Royce signs largest ever fishing vessel contract
- Guiding Light champions green fishing practices
- Newbuilds take shape at Macduff
- New Prestfjord ordered from Gondan
- Ora et Labora â€“ PTS delivers partially outfitted trawler for Vestvaerftet
- Dutch owners order MDV-pattern newbuilds
- Parkol newbuild orders signed at Skipper show
- New crabber and new beamer to join Waterdance fleet
- Swedish fleetâ€™s pelagic flagship
- Emilie delivered by Jobi VÃ¦rft
- New Skagen shrimper Emli Pilegaard
- Damen shows its first completed UV 4312 fish farm support vessel
Stella Nova hits the water in Szczecin
The new trawler for Clogherhead owner Niall Connolly has been launched at the PTS yard at Szczecin in Poland.
The 23.99 metre LOA, 7.40 metre beam Stella Nova is a VestvÃ¦rft design and is to operate freezing prawns on board. The first stage of the construction is being completed by PTS in Poland and the hull will then be tugged to Ireland to be completed by Mooney Boats in Killybegs.
PTS was established in 2007 as a technical, design and commercial venture to carry out ship repair, conversion work and construction.
â€˜Our full-time staff consists of about forty engineers, technicians, welders, steel fitters and other qualified specialists and we can bring in a number of staff for handling larger projects, as required,â€™ a spokesman for the yard said.
â€˜PTS is still growing. The company is already well recognised and we have provided repairs and conversions for Norwegian, Icelandic, Scottish, and Polish customers.â€™
WorldFishingToday - 08-07-2017