- Summer Rose launch at Whitby
- Olympic to pack new trawler with green technology
- Sealord flagship ready for delivery
- Third VestvÃ¦rft newbuild for Norwegian owner
- Cleopatra 50 for Breton skipper
- Nueva Pescanova starts fleet renewal with seven new trawlers
- Second Far East pelagic catcher launched
- Simek delivers Veidar
- UK-46: first new beamer for a decade
- New Stormhav from Stadyard
- New Hardhaus gets battery hybrid propulsion
- Trawler pair on the way home to Iceland
- Vard to build liner/seine netter for RemÃ¸ybuen
- Argos Froyanes longliners delivered
- New Radek from Stadyard
Stella Nova hits the water in Szczecin
The new trawler for Clogherhead owner Niall Connolly has been launched at the PTS yard at Szczecin in Poland.
The 23.99 metre LOA, 7.40 metre beam Stella Nova is a VestvÃ¦rft design and is to operate freezing prawns on board. The first stage of the construction is being completed by PTS in Poland and the hull will then be tugged to Ireland to be completed by Mooney Boats in Killybegs.
PTS was established in 2007 as a technical, design and commercial venture to carry out ship repair, conversion work and construction.
â€˜Our full-time staff consists of about forty engineers, technicians, welders, steel fitters and other qualified specialists and we can bring in a number of staff for handling larger projects, as required,â€™ a spokesman for the yard said.
â€˜PTS is still growing. The company is already well recognised and we have provided repairs and conversions for Norwegian, Icelandic, Scottish, and Polish customers.â€™
WorldFishingToday - 08-07-2017