- Ekofish Group orders Maaskant twin-rigger
- Knarr member company strikes design deal for Russian newbuilds
- Lunar Bow chooses WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤
- Yantar launches first of Kamchatka pelagic trio
- Clipperton launched at Nauta Shipyard
- Kirkwallâ€™s new Keila
- Samherjiâ€™s BjÃ¶rg delivered to Akureyri
- Northern Osprey III ready to be named tomorrow
- Falklands squid catcher from Spanish yard
- New trawler for Le Guilvinec
- Toothfish longliner pair from Tersan
- Longliner orders for St Petersburg yard
- Ferarri-style trawler design for French owners
- Shrimpers arrive at Luyt yard for fitting out
- Fleet of six for Russian Fishery Company
Stella Nova hits the water in Szczecin
The new trawler for Clogherhead owner Niall Connolly has been launched at the PTS yard at Szczecin in Poland.
The 23.99 metre LOA, 7.40 metre beam Stella Nova is a VestvÃ¦rft design and is to operate freezing prawns on board. The first stage of the construction is being completed by PTS in Poland and the hull will then be tugged to Ireland to be completed by Mooney Boats in Killybegs.
PTS was established in 2007 as a technical, design and commercial venture to carry out ship repair, conversion work and construction.
â€˜Our full-time staff consists of about forty engineers, technicians, welders, steel fitters and other qualified specialists and we can bring in a number of staff for handling larger projects, as required,â€™ a spokesman for the yard said.
â€˜PTS is still growing. The company is already well recognised and we have provided repairs and conversions for Norwegian, Icelandic, Scottish, and Polish customers.â€™
WorldFishingToday - 08-07-2017