- Summer Rose launch at Whitby
- Olympic to pack new trawler with green technology
- Sealord flagship ready for delivery
- Third VestvÃ¦rft newbuild for Norwegian owner
- Cleopatra 50 for Breton skipper
- Nueva Pescanova starts fleet renewal with seven new trawlers
- Second Far East pelagic catcher launched
- Simek delivers Veidar
- UK-46: first new beamer for a decade
- New Stormhav from Stadyard
- New Hardhaus gets battery hybrid propulsion
- Trawler pair on the way home to Iceland
- Vard to build liner/seine netter for RemÃ¸ybuen
- Argos Froyanes longliners delivered
- New Radek from Stadyard
Seiner for Lofoten
A new seine netter/purse seiner for Lofoten owners is taking shape at the Stocznia Wisla yard in Gdansk, with the hull ready for launching and scheduled to be taken to Larsnes Mek Verksted in Norway for completion.
Sander Andre is a 38.65 metre, 9.25 metre beam newbuilding with six RSW tanks with a 420 cubic metre capacity for either live or chilled fish, plus a CO2 RSW system, and a vacuum discharging system.
Designed by Naval Consult and with Maritime Competance closely involved in the process, Sander Andre is designed for purse seining and seine netting, with combined winches with a 25 tonne pull and capacity for twelve coils of 54mm seine rope. There are two net bins aft for fishing gear.
Accommodation is in four single and three double cabins.
The old 1997-built Sander Andre has already been sold, with the fishing allocations transferred to the new vessel.
Larsnes Mek Verksted has also contracted to deliver an almost identical purse seiner/seine netter to Arvesen AS, based at Engenes in northern Norway, with a 2018 delivery date. Nordhavet is to be built to the same 38.65 metre Naval Consult design, and has the same equipment specification in terms of deck equipment and fish handling gear.
WorldFishingToday - 13-07-2017