- Ekofish Group orders Maaskant twin-rigger
- Knarr member company strikes design deal for Russian newbuilds
- Lunar Bow chooses WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤
- Yantar launches first of Kamchatka pelagic trio
- Clipperton launched at Nauta Shipyard
- Kirkwallâ€™s new Keila
- Samherjiâ€™s BjÃ¶rg delivered to Akureyri
- Northern Osprey III ready to be named tomorrow
- Falklands squid catcher from Spanish yard
- New trawler for Le Guilvinec
- Toothfish longliner pair from Tersan
- Longliner orders for St Petersburg yard
- Ferarri-style trawler design for French owners
- Shrimpers arrive at Luyt yard for fitting out
- Fleet of six for Russian Fishery Company
Seiner for Lofoten
A new seine netter/purse seiner for Lofoten owners is taking shape at the Stocznia Wisla yard in Gdansk, with the hull ready for launching and scheduled to be taken to Larsnes Mek Verksted in Norway for completion.
Sander Andre is a 38.65 metre, 9.25 metre beam newbuilding with six RSW tanks with a 420 cubic metre capacity for either live or chilled fish, plus a CO2 RSW system, and a vacuum discharging system.
Designed by Naval Consult and with Maritime Competance closely involved in the process, Sander Andre is designed for purse seining and seine netting, with combined winches with a 25 tonne pull and capacity for twelve coils of 54mm seine rope. There are two net bins aft for fishing gear.
Accommodation is in four single and three double cabins.
The old 1997-built Sander Andre has already been sold, with the fishing allocations transferred to the new vessel.
Larsnes Mek Verksted has also contracted to deliver an almost identical purse seiner/seine netter to Arvesen AS, based at Engenes in northern Norway, with a 2018 delivery date. Nordhavet is to be built to the same 38.65 metre Naval Consult design, and has the same equipment specification in terms of deck equipment and fish handling gear.
WorldFishingToday - 13-07-2017