- Heavyweight Cleopatra autoliner delivered
- Two more for Nauta orderbook
- Janni â€“ Hanstholm fishermanâ€™s dream
- New Cleopatra for Stavanger
- New Havskjer ordered from Skagen
- New generation longliner/seine netter for Ã…lesund
- Geir: third Skipsteknisk design for HP Holmeset
- Keel laid at Vyborg Shipyard
- Batteries and LNG to power new Libas
- Treport pair from Socarenam
- Serene hits the water at Nauta yard
- New seine netter for Iceland
- Akurey: Stepping into a new century
- Crabber series for Murmansk company
- New LT-60 from Maaskant
- FÃ¦rÃ¸ske kystfiskere fryder sig over ny app
- Nordjylland: Stormende kuling venter nordjyderne
- GrÃ¸nlandske fartÃ¸jer vÃ¦lger nordjysk service
- Gigantisk bÃ¸lge mÃ¥lt ud for Skotland
- Vestkysthavnene melder kun om mindre skader efter Urd
- Vejrmeldingen gik i bogstaveligste forstand i fisk..
- DMI varsler vindstÃ¸d af stormstyrke ved vestkysten
- DMI fÃ¥r ny stor Vejr-krystalkugle
- Beinur Ã¦ndre skibsfarve til blÃ¥
- Var orkanen Bodil Ã¥rets sidste
- Stormen BODIL rammer den jyske vestkyst
- DMI`s farvandsudsigter har holdt flyttedag
- Klimaforandringer pÃ¥virker livet i havene
- Internationale forskere mener den globale opvarmning er bremset en smule op
- Klimaforandringer giver mere ekstremt vejr og forvÃ¦rret havklima omkring os
- Kraftig storm pÃ¥ vej
- GÃ¥r det for langsomt â€“ sÃ¥ vend propellen.
- Se NASAs video over havstrÃ¸mmene pÃ¥ Jordens overflade
- Stiv modvind og kulde gav overisning i Ã˜stersÃ¸en
- Hirtshals gik nÃ¦sten fri â€“ Skagen ramt
- PÃ¥ trods af storm valgte en del fartÃ¸jer at blive pÃ¥ havet.
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TÃ¦t kontakt til kunderne.
- Varsel om forhÃ¸jet vandstand natten til lÃ¸rdag
- Overfladebehandlinger pÃ¥ toppen.
- TrÃ¦kuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
Salt live carriers for DESS
Norwegian operator DESS Aquaculture Shipping AS has ordered new live fish carriers based on a design developed by Salt Ship Design. The vessels will be built by Sefine shipyard in Turkey, with the first two vessels to be delivered in 2019 and the contract includes options for two more vessels.
DESS Aquacultureâ€™s strategy is to build, own and operate a range of fish farming vessels, and this is the third shipbuilding contract made since the company was established in June 2016. All vessels will be assigned to long-term contracts for Marine Harvest.
The new vessels are 84.40 metres with a beam of 16 metres, and a fish well capacity of more than 3500 cubic metres. The design development has been in progress for some time, and has resulted in a vessel specifically designed for optimum fish welfare, hygiene, quality and environmental aspects. There are several new aspects to the design of these vessels, which are to be built for exceptional flexibility with regard to different types of treatment methods.
Salt has been working closely with DESS Aquaculture and Marine Harvest to explore how well boat operations can be made more gentle for the fish, and what are the operational requirements for a modern and efficient live fish carrier.
â€˜For Salt, this represents a very important contract, which adds to an order book of thirteen vessel designs under construction at Norwegian and foreign shipyards,â€™ a spokesman for the company said. â€˜Unlike the current offshore market, fisheries and aquaculture are doing very well and these segments represents an increasingly important market for Salt.â€™
In June 2016, the same ship owner contracted a Sea Harvest vessel based on design from Salt Ship Design.
WorldFishingToday - 13-07-2017