- Trawler order for Jobi yard
- New Lunar Bow from Karstensens
- Echebastar purse seiner order for Zamakona
- Gitte Henning leaves Poland for Norway
- Longliner order for Piriou
- New Shetland Cleopatra
- Bara Breizh launched
- Macduff completes largest new fishing vessel to date
- Granit, Norwayâ€™s newest and biggest
- Hybrid netter from Norwegian yard
- Westcon to build new Gunnar Langva
- Zephyr goes Norwegian for new pelagic trawler
- Frida Amalie ready for the North Sea
- DFFUâ€™s Cuxhaven sails for first trip
- WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ design features first hybrid propulsion for fish farming industry
New Shetland Cleopatra
Icelandic boatbuilder Trefjarâ€™s latest delivery is a new Cleopatra 33 delivered to Whalsay owner Allister Irvine.
Spindrift is rigged for netting and handlining, plus it has a mackerel jigging system on board, and Allister Irvine expects to operate the boat year-round from Whalsay.
The new boat is built on classic Trefjar lines, with roomy accommodation forward with bunks for three plus a galley and mess area. The fishroom is amidships with capacity for fifteen 80 litre tubs and the engine space is after, housing the Doosan L086TIM main engine that turns a ZF 286IV reduction gear. Access to the engine space is through the deckhouse aft.
Spindrift has electronics from Furuno as well as a MaxSea plotting system and the autopilot is linked to the side thruster to activate it automatically, helping keep the boat on course when fishing at low speeds.
WorldFishingToday - 05-10-2017