- Trawler pair on the way home to Iceland
- Vard to build liner/seine netter for RemÃ¸ybuen
- Argos Froyanes longliners delivered
- New Radek from Stadyard
- Freezer trawlers take shape at Vyborg yard
- New crabberâ€™s keel laid
- New Themis delivered
- Heavyweight Cleopatra autoliner delivered
- Two more for Nauta orderbook
- Janni â€“ Hanstholm fishermanâ€™s dream
- New Cleopatra for Stavanger
- New Havskjer ordered from Skagen
- New generation longliner/seine netter for Ã…lesund
- Geir: third Skipsteknisk design for HP Holmeset
- Keel laid at Vyborg Shipyard
New Shetland Cleopatra
Icelandic boatbuilder Trefjarâ€™s latest delivery is a new Cleopatra 33 delivered to Whalsay owner Allister Irvine.
Spindrift is rigged for netting and handlining, plus it has a mackerel jigging system on board, and Allister Irvine expects to operate the boat year-round from Whalsay.
The new boat is built on classic Trefjar lines, with roomy accommodation forward with bunks for three plus a galley and mess area. The fishroom is amidships with capacity for fifteen 80 litre tubs and the engine space is after, housing the Doosan L086TIM main engine that turns a ZF 286IV reduction gear. Access to the engine space is through the deckhouse aft.
Spindrift has electronics from Furuno as well as a MaxSea plotting system and the autopilot is linked to the side thruster to activate it automatically, helping keep the boat on course when fishing at low speeds.
WorldFishingToday - 05-10-2017