- Longliner keel laid at St Petersburg yard
- Kutterfisch pair under construction
- New Cleopatra delivered to Lofoten
- Nautic Rus to develop designs for Russian crabber fleet
- First of Canadian trawler trio approaching completion in Vietnam
- Latest Falklands squid catcher hits the water
- Skipsteknisk design â largest factory vessel in 25 years
- ViĂ°ey makes a great start
- Salt designs new live fish carrier for Alsaker Fjordbruk
- Vard contract for NergĂ„rd Havfiskeâs new trawler
- Versatile trawler for Le Croisic
- Third pelagic vessel launched at Kaliningrad yard
- Shetland flyshooter heads home from Denmark
- Rolls-Royce signs largest ever fishing vessel contract
- Guiding Light champions green fishing practices
- GrĂžnlandske fartĂžjer vĂŠlger nordjysk service
- Beinur ĂŠndre skibsfarve til blĂ„
- GĂ„r det for langsomt â sĂ„ vend propellen.
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TĂŠt kontakt til kunderne.
- Overfladebehandlinger pĂ„ toppen.
- Projekt âIndustri til konsumâ afsluttes.
- Kinesisk delegation kan Ă„bne Kina for import af fiskemel og -olie.
- Stor check pĂ„ vej til andelshaverne i TripleNine
- TrĂŠkuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
- VĂŠrdi af tobis kvoten 2010: 462 mio.kr.
- FlĂ„den fra ThyborĂžn og den lokale havn sidder pĂ„ tobismĂŠngderne
- Triple Nine - Nyhedsbrev - 3/2010
Six trawlers for Murmansk operator
The Okskaya Shipyard has signed a contract to deliver six new fresher trawlers to Murmansk company Valiant JSC.
The trawler design has been developed by the KB Vostok design bureau and the vessels will have an overall length of 38 metres with a beam of 9 metres and 340 cubic metres of fishroom space, a combination of 280 cubic metres of chilled storage space and a 60 cubic metre freezer hold. Engine power will be 1330kW, supplemented by a pair of 22kW gensets.
The trawlers will be capable of demersal and pelagic trawling and their primary role will be to deliver fresh or frozen catches during a year-round operation.
The deal between Variant and the Okskaya yard is reported to be worth 2 billion rubles.
âThe shipyard has entered a new stage in its development,â commented executive director Denis Samsikov.
âWork on co-operation with fishing companies had been in progress long before the allocation in 2017 of the state quotas to support fishing fleet renewal. The modernisation of our production over the past three years has allowed us to expand the range of our vessels, including into the fishing sector.â
Okskaya shipyard is a major shipbuilder in Russia, with track record of building container vessels, barges, special purpose craft and much else. It is part of international transport group UCL Holding which has interests in shipping, shipbuilding, railway, stevedoring and logistics.
Variant currently operates four Alpinist-type freezer trawlers, Variant, Distinkt, Solombala and Nerey, as well as the Norwegian built demersal trawler/longliner Onega.
The Variant Group has a variety of activities in addition to operating its five fishing vessels, including cold storage, logistics and its own sales platforms.
WorldFishingToday - 28-11-2017