- Argos Cies delivered by Nodosa Shipyard
- Atlantic Dawn delivered by Parkolâ€™s Middlesbrough yard
- Western Chieftain delivered by Karstensen
- New technology, new trawler, and ownership changes
- BWTS for new wellboat
- Crabber construction starts at Tersan
- Nodosa delivers new fly-shooter/twin-rigger
- Seven-trawler propulsion order goes to MAN
- Atlantic Dawn launched at Middlesbrough
- Construction begins on Arkhangelsk longliner
- Built in Urk: Texel shrimper Bona Fide
- Northern Shipyard starts cutting steel for factory trawler series
- New pelagic catchers for Iceland
- Three-way competition for Ship of the Year
- New Cleopatra 46B delivered to Kambur
- Norske Â»HardhausÂ« skal repareres for et tocifret millionbelÃ¸b
- Frederikshavn tog imod skadet norsk trawler
- GrÃ¸nlandske fartÃ¸jer vÃ¦lger nordjysk service
- Beinur Ã¦ndre skibsfarve til blÃ¥
- GÃ¥r det for langsomt â€“ sÃ¥ vend propellen.
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TÃ¦t kontakt til kunderne.
- Overfladebehandlinger pÃ¥ toppen.
- TrÃ¦kuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
New netter heads home for Christmas
Jemar Norpower has delivered a new 43ft Malo fishing boat to owners in the north of Norway, with the yardâ€™s staff putting in overtime to complete the new boat two weeks ahead of schedule so owner Johnny Henriksen was able to sail it home before Christmas.
The TromsÃ¸-registered Malangsfjord is the first of its kind from the company with a new bow configuration, giving the boat more deck space and a fishroom capacity of 34 cubic metres. Malangsfjord measures 12.99 metres overall with a 4,45 metre beam.
Designed for fishing with static gear, the boat has a built-up port side gunwale with a Fassi deck crane mounted on it for discharging catches.
The package of deck hydraulics is from Lorentzen Hydraulikk, including a 1200kg net hauler with a sorting table, a control arm and a netstacker mounted over the gear pounds aft. The fish handling equipment including the washer and bleeding bin, are from SmÃ¥dal Mekaniske.
Malangsfjord has a 405hp Cummins QSL8.9M main engine driving a four-bladed Nogva propeller via a Nogva HC258 reduction gear with a 3.95:1 ratio, and fitted with a PTO. The side thruster is an SH420 unit from Sleipner Hydraulisk
The accommodation forward has three berths as well as a large bathroom with underfloor heating. The wheelhouse has the control area offset to starboard while the port side of the wheelhouse has the galley and mess area.
â€˜Because of the Christmas holidays and forecasts for bad weather up north, everyone in production worked long days in the last few weeks,â€™ Nine Ersnes a Jemar Norpower said.
â€˜All this paid off because Malangsfjord and its crew were able to set off home fourteen days before the contracted delivery date. We are proud to deliver the biggest boat ever built in our construction yard at SÃ¸rholmen, in the same year that we celebrate our 100 year anniversary,â€™ she said.
WorldFishingToday - 22-12-2017