- Olympic to pack new trawler with green technology
- Sealord flagship ready for delivery
- Third VestvÃ¦rft newbuild for Norwegian owner
- Cleopatra 50 for Breton skipper
- Nueva Pescanova starts fleet renewal with seven new trawlers
- Second Far East pelagic catcher launched
- Simek delivers Veidar
- UK-46: first new beamer for a decade
- New Stormhav from Stadyard
- New Hardhaus gets battery hybrid propulsion
- Trawler pair on the way home to Iceland
- Vard to build liner/seine netter for RemÃ¸ybuen
- Argos Froyanes longliners delivered
- New Radek from Stadyard
- Freezer trawlers take shape at Vyborg yard
Two more newbuilds at St Petersburg yard
The list of fishing vessels under construction at the JSC Pella yard in St Petersburg continues to grow, with the keels of two more vessels laid; newbuilds numbers 414 and 415.
The agreement to build the two trawlers for Murmansk companies Eridan and Strelets was signed in the summer. These are a pair of 61.04 metre factory vessels with a 14 metre beam, 1200 cubic metre fishrooms and accommodation for up to 38 persons on board.
The two new trawlers being built at Pella are designed for both demersal and pelagic fishing, with filleting lines for groundfish leading to horizontal plate freezers and production lines for H&G products leading to vertical plate freezers. In addition, the two will have production for by-products, including factory offcuts, roes and livers, as well as production lines for pelagic species such as redfish with freezing capacity in both horizontal and vertical plate freezers.
The keel-laying ceremony was attended by Yury Viktorovich Parshev and Ekaterina Adolfovna Kolodkina of the Eridan and Strelets companies that are part of the FEST Group, as well as project manager Vladimir Nikolayevich Usenko, Dragan Badzek of design company Navis Concept and staff from the shipyard.
WorldFishingToday - 31-12-2017