- Olympic to pack new trawler with green technology
- Sealord flagship ready for delivery
- Third VestvÃ¦rft newbuild for Norwegian owner
- Cleopatra 50 for Breton skipper
- Nueva Pescanova starts fleet renewal with seven new trawlers
- Second Far East pelagic catcher launched
- Simek delivers Veidar
- UK-46: first new beamer for a decade
- New Stormhav from Stadyard
- New Hardhaus gets battery hybrid propulsion
- Trawler pair on the way home to Iceland
- Vard to build liner/seine netter for RemÃ¸ybuen
- Argos Froyanes longliners delivered
- New Radek from Stadyard
- Freezer trawlers take shape at Vyborg yard
- GrÃ¸nlandske fartÃ¸jer vÃ¦lger nordjysk service
- Beinur Ã¦ndre skibsfarve til blÃ¥
- Ã˜stersÃ¸en og BÃ¦lterne - MAF fartÃ¸jer kan se frem til forhÃ¸jede rationer af rÃ¸dspÃ¦tter
- GÃ¥r det for langsomt â€“ sÃ¥ vend propellen.
- Forbud mod fangst af laks.
- Bilag 6 - Forbud mod FKA-rationsfiskeri
- Bilag 6 - FKA-rationsfiskeri af kulmule i NordsÃ¸en
- Bilag 6 - FKA-rationsfiskeri af kuller i Skagerrak, Kattegat samt Ã˜stersÃ¸en og BÃ¦lterne
- Rationsfiskerne har fanget mange tobis.
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TÃ¦t kontakt til kunderne.
- Overfladebehandlinger pÃ¥ toppen.
- TrÃ¦kuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
Super-Sjark seine netter for Lofoten
After a break from building fishing vessels, the Sletta Verft yard at Mjosundet in northern Norway has delivered a new 15 metre seine netter for an owner in the Lofoten Islands.
Rolf-Inge Johansen ordered the new vessel from Sletta Verft, having sold his previous 1977-built, 38 metre Hellodden in 2016 to a Spanish company to fish off western Africa. Its replacement is a compact 14.90 metre LOA by 6.50 metre beam seine netter of the same name.
The new Hellodden follows the current trend in Norway for compact fishing vessels under 15 metres, with a large beam and plenty of height, providing a fishing platform that would previously have only been possible with a considerably larger vessel.
The steel-hulled, SvolvÃ¦r-registered seine netter has a 625hp Scania DI 16 71M main engine with Marol engine controls, driving a FinnÃ¸y type propeller via a FinnÃ¸y G30F reduction gearbox. The engine and associated stern gear were supplied by Nogva Motorfabrikk, who also supplied the 115kW John Deere auxiliary with a Stamford generator and the 48kW harbour set.
Lofoten Hydraulikk supplied the HS-Marine AK-10 cranes mounted on the starboard side and over the gearhandling deck aft, as well as the 600mm, 120hp side thruster. Helloddenâ€™s seine winch is from Lorentzen Hydraulikk.
â€˜We want to thank Rolf-Inge for the trust he put in the yard,â€™ said a spokesman for Sletta Verft, which has concentrated mainly on service and aquaculture industry vessels in recent years.
â€˜He was never in doubt about where he was going to build his next boat and we wish them a good trip north.â€™
WorldFishingToday - 14-01-2018