- New crabber and new beamer to join Waterdance fleet
- Swedish fleetâs pelagic flagship
- Emilie delivered by Jobi VĂŚrft
- New Skagen shrimper Emli Pilegaard
- Damen shows its first completed UV 4312 fish farm support vessel
- New pelagic flagship for Danish fleet
- New shrimpers delivered in Den Oever
- Westmann Islands celebrate new trawlerâs arrival
- Norwegian design and build for Southern Ocean catcher
- Last of GlĂŠhen trawler trio delivered
- Emeraude ready for first trip
- Gunnar K christened and delivered
- BjĂ¸rnson for BrĂ¸nnĂ¸ysund
- Summer Rose launch at Whitby
- Olympic to pack new trawler with green technology
- GrĂ¸nlandske fartĂ¸jer vĂŚlger nordjysk service
- Beinur ĂŚndre skibsfarve til blĂĽ
- GĂĽr det for langsomt â sĂĽ vend propellen.
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TĂŚt kontakt til kunderne.
- Overfladebehandlinger pĂĽ toppen.
- Projekt âIndustri til konsumâ afsluttes.
- Kinesisk delegation kan ĂĽbne Kina for import af fiskemel og -olie.
- Stor check pĂĽ vej til andelshaverne i TripleNine
- TrĂŚkuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
- VĂŚrdi af tobis kvoten 2010: 462 mio.kr.
- FlĂĽden fra ThyborĂ¸n og den lokale havn sidder pĂĽ tobismĂŚngderne
- Triple Nine - Nyhedsbrev - 3/2010
Akurey: Stepping into a new century
âThings are going very well. The ship and its equipment have met all our expectations and to my mind the arrival of these new trawlers is a huge step into a new century,â said EirĂkur JĂłnsson, skipper of HB Grandiâs new groundfish trawler Akurey, which is now in its first trip since the catch handling deck and automated fishroom systems were fitted by Skaginn 3X in Akranes.
âAlthough this is the first trip, itâs not a fishing trip as such. Weâre mainly testing all of the systems, and that shows clearly in that there are eighteen people on board and eight of them are technicians,â EirĂkur JĂłnsson said, adding that everything has functioned perfectly.
âThere have been a few minor adjustments to be made to the catch handling setup, but the automatic fishroom system has worked without a hitch. The computer and management systems in the wheelhouse are the main issue. It takes time to learn to use this equipment, and for me itâs like being back on the school bench,â he said. and commented that this is a whole new world compared to the old Sturlaugur H BĂśĂ°varsson.
âIâm not criticising Sturlaugur, far from it. But itâs an old ship and all the equipment and working conditions in the new trawler are so much better than what we have been used to. Iâve worked on the catch handling deck and in the fishroom on both, and the difference is unbelievable.â
Akurey sailed for its shakedown trip on Tuesday night, and the heavy weather meant that the fishing gear couldnât be shot at all on Wednesday.
âWeâre deep west of Reykjanes and couldnât start fishing until the early hours of Thursday. Weâre looking around for redfish and havenât been looking for big amounts. But in spite of that we have 30 tonnes in the fishroom after the first day. Iâm expecting that weâll be steaming in tonight. After that thereâll be a few days to get the ship squared away and then I expect weâll drop into the routine we had with Sturlaugur. We were fortunate that we were able to continue fishing with that excellent ship right up until we switched over to Akurey,â EirĂkur JĂłnsson said.
WorldFishingToday - 27-01-2018