- New crabber and new beamer to join Waterdance fleet
- Swedish fleetâ€™s pelagic flagship
- Emilie delivered by Jobi VÃ¦rft
- New Skagen shrimper Emli Pilegaard
- Damen shows its first completed UV 4312 fish farm support vessel
- New pelagic flagship for Danish fleet
- New shrimpers delivered in Den Oever
- Westmann Islands celebrate new trawlerâ€™s arrival
- Norwegian design and build for Southern Ocean catcher
- Last of GlÃ©hen trawler trio delivered
- Emeraude ready for first trip
- Gunnar K christened and delivered
- BjÃ¸rnson for BrÃ¸nnÃ¸ysund
- Summer Rose launch at Whitby
- Olympic to pack new trawler with green technology
Keel laid at Vyborg Shipyard
The Vyborg Shipyard, part of United Shipbuilding Corporation, held a keel-laying ceremony for a new trawler at its yard, the first of a new series of trawlers for Russian owners.
The keel of the trawler project KMT02.01, ordered for Murmansk company Nord Pilgrim, was laid at the yard.
Laying the keel of a new vessel is always an event worth celebrating,â€™ said Alexander Solovyov, General Director of Vyborg Shipyard.
â€˜Last year, the first ship under the draft law on investment fishing quotas was laid at the Vyborg shipyard. Today we are starting a new series of trawlers designed to develop fisheries in the Barents Sea.â€™
This latest newbuild for Nord Pilgrim is being built to an 80 by 15.40 metre ST-116XL design to Ice Class 3 standard and it will be capable of twin-rigging. It will carry a crew of 46 and be optimised for catching and processing groundfish and shrimp, with a high-tech factory deck and a freezing capacity of 100 tonnes per 24 hours. A canning facility is also part of the factory deck layout, as well as a fishmeal plant. The fishroom will have a 2-50 cubic metre capacity, plus a 260 cubic metre meal hold.
This new trawler and its sister vessel will be fitted with eight-cylinder WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ 32 main engines as part of complete WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ propulsion packages that include the gear boxes and controllable pitch propellers coming from the same supplier, along with side thrusters, WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ ProTouch propulsion control systems and six- and four-cylinder auxiliary engines.
WorldFishingToday - 07-02-2018