- Versatile trawler for Le Croisic
- Third pelagic vessel launched at Kaliningrad yard
- Shetland flyshooter heads home from Denmark
- Rolls-Royce signs largest ever fishing vessel contract
- Guiding Light champions green fishing practices
- Newbuilds take shape at Macduff
- New Prestfjord ordered from Gondan
- Ora et Labora â€“ PTS delivers partially outfitted trawler for Vestvaerftet
- Dutch owners order MDV-pattern newbuilds
- Parkol newbuild orders signed at Skipper show
- New crabber and new beamer to join Waterdance fleet
- Swedish fleetâ€™s pelagic flagship
- Emilie delivered by Jobi VÃ¦rft
- New Skagen shrimper Emli Pilegaard
- Damen shows its first completed UV 4312 fish farm support vessel
Freezer trawlers take shape at Vyborg yard
A new generation of freezer trawlers is taking shape at the Vyborg Shipyard, part of the United Shipbuilding Corporation, with a new generation of fishing vessels under construction.
Two freezer trawlers for Arkhangelsk Trawl Fleet are being built under the KMT01 project, with the lead vesselâ€™s keel laid on 31st May last year, followed by construction starting on its sister vessel earlier this year. There are four vessels altogether in the KMT01 project, designed to be able to process 140 tonnes per day.
In January this year, work began on the lead trawler of the KMT02 project for Nord Pilgrim. Designed to process 100 tonnes per day and to have a 375 cubic metre fishroom, there are four vessels under this construction project for several Russian fishing companies.
In 2016-17, the Vyborg Shipyard signed a number of contracts for new fishing vessels and there are currently fourteen trawlers and crab vessels on the yardâ€™s orderbook.
WorldFishingToday - 08-03-2018