- Vard to build liner/seine netter for RemÃ¸ybuen
- Argos Froyanes longliners delivered
- New Radek from Stadyard
- Freezer trawlers take shape at Vyborg yard
- New crabberâ€™s keel laid
- New Themis delivered
- Heavyweight Cleopatra autoliner delivered
- Two more for Nauta orderbook
- Janni â€“ Hanstholm fishermanâ€™s dream
- New Cleopatra for Stavanger
- New Havskjer ordered from Skagen
- New generation longliner/seine netter for Ã…lesund
- Geir: third Skipsteknisk design for HP Holmeset
- Keel laid at Vyborg Shipyard
- Batteries and LNG to power new Libas
Freezer trawlers take shape at Vyborg yard
A new generation of freezer trawlers is taking shape at the Vyborg Shipyard, part of the United Shipbuilding Corporation, with a new generation of fishing vessels under construction.
Two freezer trawlers for Arkhangelsk Trawl Fleet are being built under the KMT01 project, with the lead vesselâ€™s keel laid on 31st May last year, followed by construction starting on its sister vessel earlier this year. There are four vessels altogether in the KMT01 project, designed to be able to process 140 tonnes per day.
In January this year, work began on the lead trawler of the KMT02 project for Nord Pilgrim. Designed to process 100 tonnes per day and to have a 375 cubic metre fishroom, there are four vessels under this construction project for several Russian fishing companies.
In 2016-17, the Vyborg Shipyard signed a number of contracts for new fishing vessels and there are currently fourteen trawlers and crab vessels on the yardâ€™s orderbook.
WorldFishingToday - 08-03-2018