- Seven-trawler propulsion order goes to MAN
- Atlantic Dawn launched at Middlesbrough
- Construction begins on Arkhangelsk longliner
- Built in Urk: Texel shrimper Bona Fide
- Northern Shipyard starts cutting steel for factory trawler series
- New pelagic catchers for Iceland
- Three-way competition for Ship of the Year
- New Cleopatra 46B delivered to Kambur
- Shetland pelagic vessel Serene christened
- Macduff delivers new seine netter Achieve FR-100
- Proposals for revolutionary Australian fishing vessel
- New UK beamer is Luyt yardâ€™s largest contract
- New generation trawler design from Ulstein
- Vympel yard lays new coastal trawlerâ€™s keel
- New Typhoon 38 crabber for Stornoway
Freezer trawlers take shape at Vyborg yard
A new generation of freezer trawlers is taking shape at the Vyborg Shipyard, part of the United Shipbuilding Corporation, with a new generation of fishing vessels under construction.
Two freezer trawlers for Arkhangelsk Trawl Fleet are being built under the KMT01 project, with the lead vesselâ€™s keel laid on 31st May last year, followed by construction starting on its sister vessel earlier this year. There are four vessels altogether in the KMT01 project, designed to be able to process 140 tonnes per day.
In January this year, work began on the lead trawler of the KMT02 project for Nord Pilgrim. Designed to process 100 tonnes per day and to have a 375 cubic metre fishroom, there are four vessels under this construction project for several Russian fishing companies.
In 2016-17, the Vyborg Shipyard signed a number of contracts for new fishing vessels and there are currently fourteen trawlers and crab vessels on the yardâ€™s orderbook.
WorldFishingToday - 08-03-2018