- Cetus places additional new vessel order
- New Birgitte fishing from Hvide Sande
- Netter completed in time for Christmas delivery
- Vyborg yard launches factory trawler for Arkhangelsk Trawl Fleet
- New whitefish boat ordered for ThyborÃ¸n
- Longline pair delivered to New Caledonia
- One-of-a-kind krill harvester
- Trawler pair for Atlantic Dawn Group
- New shrimper for Jutland partnership
- Channel trawler order for Piriou
- Keel laid for first of factory trawler series
- New Audacious ready to start on whitefish
- Cleopatra autoliner for N-W Iceland
- Danish yard orders Rolls-Royce package for pelagic pair
- Piriou delivers Southern Ocean longliner to Comata
Freezer trawlers take shape at Vyborg yard
A new generation of freezer trawlers is taking shape at the Vyborg Shipyard, part of the United Shipbuilding Corporation, with a new generation of fishing vessels under construction.
Two freezer trawlers for Arkhangelsk Trawl Fleet are being built under the KMT01 project, with the lead vesselâ€™s keel laid on 31st May last year, followed by construction starting on its sister vessel earlier this year. There are four vessels altogether in the KMT01 project, designed to be able to process 140 tonnes per day.
In January this year, work began on the lead trawler of the KMT02 project for Nord Pilgrim. Designed to process 100 tonnes per day and to have a 375 cubic metre fishroom, there are four vessels under this construction project for several Russian fishing companies.
In 2016-17, the Vyborg Shipyard signed a number of contracts for new fishing vessels and there are currently fourteen trawlers and crab vessels on the yardâ€™s orderbook.
WorldFishingToday - 08-03-2018