- Cetus places additional new vessel order
- New Birgitte fishing from Hvide Sande
- Netter completed in time for Christmas delivery
- Vyborg yard launches factory trawler for Arkhangelsk Trawl Fleet
- New whitefish boat ordered for ThyborÃ¸n
- Longline pair delivered to New Caledonia
- One-of-a-kind krill harvester
- Trawler pair for Atlantic Dawn Group
- New shrimper for Jutland partnership
- Channel trawler order for Piriou
- Keel laid for first of factory trawler series
- New Audacious ready to start on whitefish
- Cleopatra autoliner for N-W Iceland
- Danish yard orders Rolls-Royce package for pelagic pair
- Piriou delivers Southern Ocean longliner to Comata
- Norske Â»HardhausÂ« skal repareres for et tocifret millionbelÃ¸b
- Frederikshavn tog imod skadet norsk trawler
- GrÃ¸nlandske fartÃ¸jer vÃ¦lger nordjysk service
- Beinur Ã¦ndre skibsfarve til blÃ¥
- GÃ¥r det for langsomt â€“ sÃ¥ vend propellen.
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TÃ¦t kontakt til kunderne.
- Overfladebehandlinger pÃ¥ toppen.
- TrÃ¦kuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
New Hardhaus gets battery hybrid propulsion
Norwegian fishing company Hardhaus AS has ordered an environmentally friendly new pelagic vessel with a hybrid battery propulsion system, electrical deck machinery and heat recovery.
Salt Ship Design has over the past year worked closely with the customer to develop an optimised and energy efficient vessel, and the 75 metre purse seiner/pelagic trawler will be built at the Cemre Shipyard in Turkey.
The owners have put special emphasis on optimising the hull shape and the main dimensions, which have been fine-tuned throughout the development phase.
The new Hardhaus is designed R03;with a focus on energy saving, freeboard, stability, draught and vessel motion. The model test programme is still in the initial phase, and the design development will continue for quite some time.
The vessel will be equipped with electrical deck machinery. To benefit from the reactive power generated by the winches, the ship will be equipped with a comprehensive battery installation.
In addition, the batteries will be used for peak saving to achieve the best possible operating conditions for the diesel engine, reducing fuel consumption, emissions and wear and tear.
Hardhaus will have capacity to operate in either conventional diesel-mechanical or diesel-battery electric mode.
â€œFor Salt Ship Design, it has been very inspiring and interesting to work with such a dedicated and experienced ship owner,â€™ Egil Sandvik at Salt ship Design said. â€˜We are proud to be selected as the designer of the new Hardhaus.â€™
Enova has supported the project and made it possible for the owners of Hardhaus to invest in the energy efficient battery installaton and electric winches.
WorldFishingToday - 23-03-2018