- Sealord flagship ready for delivery
- Third VestvĂŚrft newbuild for Norwegian owner
- Cleopatra 50 for Breton skipper
- Nueva Pescanova starts fleet renewal with seven new trawlers
- Second Far East pelagic catcher launched
- Simek delivers Veidar
- UK-46: first new beamer for a decade
- New Stormhav from Stadyard
- New Hardhaus gets battery hybrid propulsion
- Trawler pair on the way home to Iceland
- Vard to build liner/seine netter for RemĂ¸ybuen
- Argos Froyanes longliners delivered
- New Radek from Stadyard
- Freezer trawlers take shape at Vyborg yard
- New crabberâs keel laid
- Projekt âIndustri til konsumâ afsluttes.
- Kinesisk delegation kan ĂĽbne Kina for import af fiskemel og -olie.
- Stor check pĂĽ vej til andelshaverne i TripleNine
- VĂŚrdi af tobis kvoten 2010: 462 mio.kr.
- FlĂĽden fra ThyborĂ¸n og den lokale havn sidder pĂĽ tobismĂŚngderne
- Triple Nine - Nyhedsbrev - 3/2010
Nueva Pescanova starts fleet renewal with seven new trawlers
Spanish-based fishing group Nuevo Pescanova has embarked on a construction programme for seven new fishing vessels that are scheduled to renew part of its fleets fishing in Namibia and Mozambique.
Work has begun at Astilleros Armon in Vigo on the first of three 50 metre trawlers for Nueva Pescanovaâs Namibian subsidiaries NovaNam and Lalandii, and the three fresher trawlers are designed to have on-board systems that dovetail with the requirements of the companyâs hake processing operation in LĂźderitz.
As well as the three for Namibia, the company plans to build four shrimp freezer vessels for its Pescamar subsidiary in Mozambique.
The new fishing vessels are the main investments in the Groupâs strategic planning up to 2020 and represent an overall investment of âŹ42.50 million.
The thinking is to focus on high-efficiency power units, improved on-board catch handling systems and better accommodation to improve living and working conditions for crews.
The Nueva Pescanova Group currently operates 72 fishing vessels in the southern hemisphere.
WorldFishingToday - 06-04-2018