- Aker BioMarine to build support vessel in China
- Argos Cies delivered by Nodosa Shipyard
- Atlantic Dawn delivered by Parkolâs Middlesbrough yard
- Western Chieftain delivered by Karstensen
- New technology, new trawler, and ownership changes
- BWTS for new wellboat
- Crabber construction starts at Tersan
- Nodosa delivers new fly-shooter/twin-rigger
- Seven-trawler propulsion order goes to MAN
- Atlantic Dawn launched at Middlesbrough
- Construction begins on Arkhangelsk longliner
- Built in Urk: Texel shrimper Bona Fide
- Northern Shipyard starts cutting steel for factory trawler series
- New pelagic catchers for Iceland
- Three-way competition for Ship of the Year
- Norske ÂťHardhausÂŤ skal repareres for et tocifret millionbelĂ¸b
- Frederikshavn tog imod skadet norsk trawler
- Storm blĂŚste iltsvindet baglĂŚns i de lavvandede fjorde
- Danske byer skal rustes mod stormflod og stigende havvand
- DMIÂ´s istjeneste for SydgrĂ¸nland skaber Ă¸get sikkerhed
- FĂŚrĂ¸ske kystfiskere fryder sig over ny app
- Nordjylland: Stormende kuling venter nordjyderne
- GrĂ¸nlandske fartĂ¸jer vĂŚlger nordjysk service
- Gigantisk bĂ¸lge mĂĽlt ud for Skotland
- Vestkysthavnene melder kun om mindre skader efter Urd
- Vejrmeldingen gik i bogstaveligste forstand i fisk..
- DMI varsler vindstĂ¸d af stormstyrke ved vestkysten
- DMI fĂĽr ny stor Vejr-krystalkugle
- Beinur ĂŚndre skibsfarve til blĂĽ
- Var orkanen Bodil ĂĽrets sidste
- Stormen BODIL rammer den jyske vestkyst
- DMI`s farvandsudsigter har holdt flyttedag
- Klimaforandringer pĂĽvirker livet i havene
- Internationale forskere mener den globale opvarmning er bremset en smule op
- Klimaforandringer giver mere ekstremt vejr og forvĂŚrret havklima omkring os
- Kraftig storm pĂĽ vej
- GĂĽr det for langsomt â sĂĽ vend propellen.
- Se NASAs video over havstrĂ¸mmene pĂĽ Jordens overflade
- Stiv modvind og kulde gav overisning i ĂstersĂ¸en
- Hirtshals gik nĂŚsten fri â Skagen ramt
- PĂĽ trods af storm valgte en del fartĂ¸jer at blive pĂĽ havet.
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TĂŚt kontakt til kunderne.
- Varsel om forhĂ¸jet vandstand natten til lĂ¸rdag
- Overfladebehandlinger pĂĽ toppen.
- TrĂŚkuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
Damen shows its first completed UV 4312 fish farm support vessel
Damen has unveiled its innovative UV 4312 Fish Farm Support Vessel. The new class is the result of extensive discussions with the fish farming industry and the result is a versatile vessel specifically designed to undertake the maintenance and support tasks particular to saltwater fish farms.
The VOLT Processor open day took place at the groupâs headquarters at Damen Shipyards Gorinchem and was held for the benefit of operators from across the global sector.
The 43 metre, 499gt utility vessel (UV) 4312 builds on the development work that went into its smaller predecessor; the UV 2410. The UV 4312 reflects the value that fish farm operators place on having a seagoing vessel with a large, protected and easy to clean deck space, which can be used for a wide variety of supporting services for fish farms.
This first UV 4312 will be fitted with the latest chemical-free delousing installation and offers the ability to service more farms across larger areas and in more open waters.
The vessel on show at Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the result of a contract signed in December 2016 by Damen Shipyards Group and Norway-based VOLT Service.
Following the open day she was handed over to the client in the Netherlands and from there sailed to Norway where she currently is being fitted with her modular delousing equipment. She will be formally christened VOLT Processor at the end of May. Thereafter she will begin her duties of providing delousing operations and other services to Norwegian salmon farms in the Harstad area.
RemĂ¸y Management AS was closely involved in the development of the project and will manage the vessel once she is delivered.
Key features of the standard design, some of which also optimise it for fish welfare, include a low freeboard, easy access to the waterline on both sides, a large hold and removable railings for hose-handling operations. The standard UV 4312 also comes with a diesel-electric configuration that provides an efficient, flexible power supply for the 750kW propulsion and for the deck equipment when moored within farms.
During the build of VOLT Processor protection for the propellers from nets and their mooring lines was added along with a large oxygen generating plant and extra deck equipment such as cranes, a capstan and tugger winches.
âThe UV 4312 is a highly adaptable vessel,â said Remko Hottentot, Damen sales manager for Norway.
âHer modular deck configuration makes it quick and cost-effective to remove equipment and replace with new installations on deck. As well as fish farming support she can be fitted out for light IRM work for the offshore energy sector, buoy-laying plus dive and ROV support. However we see the greatest potential in the globally fast-growing aquaculture industry. The multi-functional potential for the vessel was reflected at our open day by the attendance of representatives from a wide variety of companies from different countries.â
WorldFishingToday - 16-05-2018