- New crabber and new beamer to join Waterdance fleet
- Swedish fleetâ€™s pelagic flagship
- Emilie delivered by Jobi VÃ¦rft
- New Skagen shrimper Emli Pilegaard
- Damen shows its first completed UV 4312 fish farm support vessel
- New pelagic flagship for Danish fleet
- New shrimpers delivered in Den Oever
- Westmann Islands celebrate new trawlerâ€™s arrival
- Norwegian design and build for Southern Ocean catcher
- Last of GlÃ©hen trawler trio delivered
- Emeraude ready for first trip
- Gunnar K christened and delivered
- BjÃ¸rnson for BrÃ¸nnÃ¸ysund
- Summer Rose launch at Whitby
- Olympic to pack new trawler with green technology
- DMIÂ´s istjeneste for SydgrÃ¸nland skaber Ã¸get sikkerhed
- FÃ¦rÃ¸ske kystfiskere fryder sig over ny app
- Nordjylland: Stormende kuling venter nordjyderne
- GrÃ¸nlandske fartÃ¸jer vÃ¦lger nordjysk service
- Gigantisk bÃ¸lge mÃ¥lt ud for Skotland
- Vestkysthavnene melder kun om mindre skader efter Urd
- Vejrmeldingen gik i bogstaveligste forstand i fisk..
- DMI varsler vindstÃ¸d af stormstyrke ved vestkysten
- DMI fÃ¥r ny stor Vejr-krystalkugle
- Beinur Ã¦ndre skibsfarve til blÃ¥
- Var orkanen Bodil Ã¥rets sidste
- Stormen BODIL rammer den jyske vestkyst
- DMI`s farvandsudsigter har holdt flyttedag
- Klimaforandringer pÃ¥virker livet i havene
- Internationale forskere mener den globale opvarmning er bremset en smule op
- Klimaforandringer giver mere ekstremt vejr og forvÃ¦rret havklima omkring os
- Kraftig storm pÃ¥ vej
- GÃ¥r det for langsomt â€“ sÃ¥ vend propellen.
- Se NASAs video over havstrÃ¸mmene pÃ¥ Jordens overflade
- Stiv modvind og kulde gav overisning i Ã˜stersÃ¸en
- Hirtshals gik nÃ¦sten fri â€“ Skagen ramt
- PÃ¥ trods af storm valgte en del fartÃ¸jer at blive pÃ¥ havet.
- En kvalitetsbevidst overfladebehandler.
- TÃ¦t kontakt til kunderne.
- Varsel om forhÃ¸jet vandstand natten til lÃ¸rdag
- Overfladebehandlinger pÃ¥ toppen.
- TrÃ¦kuttere kan stadig blive serviceret.
Damen shows its first completed UV 4312 fish farm support vessel
Damen has unveiled its innovative UV 4312 Fish Farm Support Vessel. The new class is the result of extensive discussions with the fish farming industry and the result is a versatile vessel specifically designed to undertake the maintenance and support tasks particular to saltwater fish farms.
The VOLT Processor open day took place at the groupâ€™s headquarters at Damen Shipyards Gorinchem and was held for the benefit of operators from across the global sector.
The 43 metre, 499gt utility vessel (UV) 4312 builds on the development work that went into its smaller predecessor; the UV 2410. The UV 4312 reflects the value that fish farm operators place on having a seagoing vessel with a large, protected and easy to clean deck space, which can be used for a wide variety of supporting services for fish farms.
This first UV 4312 will be fitted with the latest chemical-free delousing installation and offers the ability to service more farms across larger areas and in more open waters.
The vessel on show at Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the result of a contract signed in December 2016 by Damen Shipyards Group and Norway-based VOLT Service.
Following the open day she was handed over to the client in the Netherlands and from there sailed to Norway where she currently is being fitted with her modular delousing equipment. She will be formally christened VOLT Processor at the end of May. Thereafter she will begin her duties of providing delousing operations and other services to Norwegian salmon farms in the Harstad area.
RemÃ¸y Management AS was closely involved in the development of the project and will manage the vessel once she is delivered.
Key features of the standard design, some of which also optimise it for fish welfare, include a low freeboard, easy access to the waterline on both sides, a large hold and removable railings for hose-handling operations. The standard UV 4312 also comes with a diesel-electric configuration that provides an efficient, flexible power supply for the 750kW propulsion and for the deck equipment when moored within farms.
During the build of VOLT Processor protection for the propellers from nets and their mooring lines was added along with a large oxygen generating plant and extra deck equipment such as cranes, a capstan and tugger winches.
â€˜The UV 4312 is a highly adaptable vessel,â€™ said Remko Hottentot, Damen sales manager for Norway.
â€˜Her modular deck configuration makes it quick and cost-effective to remove equipment and replace with new installations on deck. As well as fish farming support she can be fitted out for light IRM work for the offshore energy sector, buoy-laying plus dive and ROV support. However we see the greatest potential in the globally fast-growing aquaculture industry. The multi-functional potential for the vessel was reflected at our open day by the attendance of representatives from a wide variety of companies from different countries.â€™
WorldFishingToday - 16-05-2018