- Innovative trawler design keeps its promises
- Iceland plans new marine research vessel
- Freezer scalloper to be built in Spain
- Trawler/scalloper order for Piriou
- Osprey orders sister vessels from Spanish yard
- Breki starts on redfish
- Longliner keel laid at St Petersburg yard
- Kutterfisch pair under construction
- New Cleopatra delivered to Lofoten
- Nautic Rus to develop designs for Russian crabber fleet
- First of Canadian trawler trio approaching completion in Vietnam
- Latest Falklands squid catcher hits the water
- Skipsteknisk design â€“ largest factory vessel in 25 years
- ViÃ°ey makes a great start
- Salt designs new live fish carrier for Alsaker Fjordbruk
Newbuilds take shape at Macduff
Thereâ€™s plenty going on at Macduff Shipyards these days, with the latest in the yardâ€™s roster of newbuilds coming closer to completion.
Twin-rig trawler Caledonia III BCK-35 has been launched at Macduffâ€™s Buckie facility and is now alongside for the later stages of fitting out before heading for sea trials later this summer.
Caledonia III is a sister vessel to Asteria which was delivered by the yard at Buckie last autumn. It features a Caterpillar C18 main engine coupled to a 7:1 reduction gearbox and driving a 2000 mm diameter propeller and matching nozzle supplied by WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤.
The yard has also rolled the new 24 metre Achieve FR-100 out of the fabrication hall and it is now also alongside in the harbour for fitting out.
Built to a new design drawn up by Macduff Ship Design, Achieve is arranged for seine netting and will be handed over to local owner Bruce Buchan after completion of sea trials, which are scheduled to be carried out next month.
WorldFishingToday - 07-06-2018