- Versatile trawler for Le Croisic
- Third pelagic vessel launched at Kaliningrad yard
- Shetland flyshooter heads home from Denmark
- Rolls-Royce signs largest ever fishing vessel contract
- Guiding Light champions green fishing practices
- Newbuilds take shape at Macduff
- New Prestfjord ordered from Gondan
- Ora et Labora â€“ PTS delivers partially outfitted trawler for Vestvaerftet
- Dutch owners order MDV-pattern newbuilds
- Parkol newbuild orders signed at Skipper show
- New crabber and new beamer to join Waterdance fleet
- Swedish fleetâ€™s pelagic flagship
- Emilie delivered by Jobi VÃ¦rft
- New Skagen shrimper Emli Pilegaard
- Damen shows its first completed UV 4312 fish farm support vessel
Newbuilds take shape at Macduff
Thereâ€™s plenty going on at Macduff Shipyards these days, with the latest in the yardâ€™s roster of newbuilds coming closer to completion.
Twin-rig trawler Caledonia III BCK-35 has been launched at Macduffâ€™s Buckie facility and is now alongside for the later stages of fitting out before heading for sea trials later this summer.
Caledonia III is a sister vessel to Asteria which was delivered by the yard at Buckie last autumn. It features a Caterpillar C18 main engine coupled to a 7:1 reduction gearbox and driving a 2000 mm diameter propeller and matching nozzle supplied by WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤.
The yard has also rolled the new 24 metre Achieve FR-100 out of the fabrication hall and it is now also alongside in the harbour for fitting out.
Built to a new design drawn up by Macduff Ship Design, Achieve is arranged for seine netting and will be handed over to local owner Bruce Buchan after completion of sea trials, which are scheduled to be carried out next month.
WorldFishingToday - 07-06-2018