- Innovative trawler design keeps its promises
- Iceland plans new marine research vessel
- Freezer scalloper to be built in Spain
- Trawler/scalloper order for Piriou
- Osprey orders sister vessels from Spanish yard
- Breki starts on redfish
- Longliner keel laid at St Petersburg yard
- Kutterfisch pair under construction
- New Cleopatra delivered to Lofoten
- Nautic Rus to develop designs for Russian crabber fleet
- First of Canadian trawler trio approaching completion in Vietnam
- Latest Falklands squid catcher hits the water
- Skipsteknisk design â€“ largest factory vessel in 25 years
- ViÃ°ey makes a great start
- Salt designs new live fish carrier for Alsaker Fjordbruk
Osprey orders sister vessels from Spanish yard
Urk fishing company Osprey Trawlers has placed an order for a pair of combination twin-rigger/seine netters with the Nodosa Shipyard at MarÃn in Spain.
The two new vessels are to be built to the same design as the Henk Senior LH-356 which was delivered last year and the Jannetje Cornelis H-144 which is currently under construction at Nodosa.
The new pair are scheduled to be complete at the end of 2019 and in early 2020.
These four identical VestvÃ¦rft-designed trawler/seiners have a 28.60 metre overall length and a beam of 10 metres, and the new vessels are expected to be fitted with the same equipment, with ABC main engines and Ibercisa deck equipment.
Henk Senior was delivered in June 2016 and has fished successfully since arriving from Spain.
WorldFishingToday - 27-07-2018